Weekends Football 20/21 October

andykeenan

12 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I didn’t think I’d see a situation where the refs are actively trying to even up the “injustice” of Liverpool’s disallowed goal from a few weeks ago.

Bet old horse teeth will still find something to complain about if Liverpool don’t win.

Dont remember them even it up for that Man City issue a few seasons back. Corrupt league

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Distance doesn’t matter if his arm is in such an unnatural position and he makes zero effort to bring it back in tbh 

it’s out there before the cross even happens. What’s he doing!?

Keane did the exact same thing at Leicester last season, he's just a terrible CB, probably the worst in the league.

Pawson going to get loads of abuse after this game but he didn't actually gave that from first viewing.

Completely bottled sending off Konate though as that was a clear second yellow.

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Do you run like a **** windmill?

pdrdUgJ.png

This happens really often, it's just 19/20 crosses it won't hit the guys arm so nobody notices. You run and your arm will come out, it's almost impossible to keep your arms tucked in at all times.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

It isn't in an unnatural position. He's running and trying to stop. It's completely natural.

Equally he has no time to react and pull his arm away, as originally stated.

I would agree if it also wasn’t out there when he’d stopped running too. He had it out for at least 3 seconds. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

This happens really often, it's just 19/20 crosses it won't hit the guys arm so nobody notices. You run and your arm will come out, it's almost impossible to keep your arms tucked in at all times.

Surely teams are looking at this and saying aim for the hands

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I would agree if it also wasn’t out there when he’d stopped running too. He had it out for at least 3 seconds. 

Yeah, the key thing for me is is his arm is not in motion, he's not throwing his arms backwards and forwards as he sprints. He's just jogging along with his arm casually held out 90 degrees. It's basically a textbook example of what they're looking for with the "natural silhouette" stuff.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

In a "natural" position???

They make sure if a ball hits their arm it is in a position where it would have hit their body anyway. Means there is no chance of a penalty by stopping a cross or shot with an outstretched arm. 

Edited by LondonLax

37 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I didn’t think I’d see a situation where the refs are actively trying to even up the “injustice” of Liverpool’s disallowed goal from a few weeks ago.

Didn't you? Seriously? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Everto have every right to be aggrieved 

So klopp should the game be replayed?

Liverpool totally dominated that match, a draw or Everton win would have been a total smash and grab. If anything 2-0 flatters Everton. Everton are in for a long season.

Edited by LondonLax

12 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

In a "natural" position???

If his hand is down by the shoulder it dosen't get given, there was exactly an example of that a few minutes before when it hit Everton hand down by the side and it was quickly dismissed.

Keane is just a brain dead defender.

Dyche might have a moan about the penalty but his narrative should be about Pawson bottling sending off Konate as it was still 0-0 at the time. The fact he was subbed off two minutes later shows Klopp knew he had massively got away with it.

49 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Distance doesn’t matter if his arm is in such an unnatural position and he makes zero effort to bring it back in tbh 

it’s out there before the cross even happens. What’s he doing!?

It's not in an unnatural position. That's clearly his natural position. He hasn't got ut like that because he us trying to hand ball it is he.

Sorry its the terminology that's wrong. 

They should say that the handball was in his natural position, but he should have been in the unnatural position of having his arms glued to his side.

Edited by turvontour

3 minutes ago, turvontour said:

It's not in unnatural position. That's clearly his natural position. He hasn't got ut like that because he us trying to hand ball it is he.

Sorry its the terminology that's wrong. 

They should say that the handball was in his natural position, but he should have been I'm the unnatural position of having his arms glued to his side.

Again I would usually agree with this line of thought but who stands with their arm at 90 degrees?

42 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Do you run like a **** windmill?

pdrdUgJ.png

I assumed you've played sport before? It's impossible to move at speed and have your arms glued to your sides. The other defender is in exactly the same position. If the ball hits his arm it's also a penalty. Why are all the players defending in such an unnatural way? Haha. As if they're thick and don't know how to block crosses.

Its such an idiotic rule and bad terminology.

3 minutes ago, turvontour said:

A defender? Why are they both doing it?

The other defender is leaping in to block to cross, his arm is in what people would accept as natural for an athletic lunge in. Keane is jogging around with his arm hanging as far out as he possibly could, in a fixed position.

Â