Match Thread: UECL: Villa v Zrinjski Mostar

limpid

Just now, villa4europe said:

I don't think it's that

More that no one really cares about the opposition, was probably expecting a trouncing

Its flatter than a witches tit

It seems every time VP is flat, which is often let's be honest, it's because of the game, VP is not a vibrant atmosphere, is what it is

We're the opposite of Newcastle, they are buzzing their tits off and getting results like last night whilst having a poorer team than us on paper

I don't want to be too harsh, because ultimately, 40000 odd people got off their arse and paid their money, and I didn't want to, but this is true. How often do we roar our team on to victory? We sing when times are good and we're winning, and are either silent or actively hostile to the team when it's not going so well.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

We're the opposite of Newcastle, they are buzzing their tits off and getting results like last night whilst having a poorer team than us on paper

I was just thinking this is why the media go crazy for Newcastle, and not so much for us.

Two up for us, they always have an out ball along the back line. 

I'd ask Jhon to stick to their central defender and cut off the passing along their back 3. That would help given that we can't press high with this line up.

Just now, Davkaus said:

I don't want to be too harsh, because ultimately, 40000 odd people got off their arse and paid their money, and I didn't want to, but this is true. How often do we roar our team on to victory? We sing when times are good and we're winning, and are either silent or actively hostile to the team when it's not going so well.

We havent even had a shot on target 

4 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

This is fine.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47s2sl9v5lvzthl8f7f0

I jest but we need to do something.  The crowd is flat and we're in danger of giving up before the more exciting stuff begins.  Do something, please, Villa. 

Bee

Just now, MrBlack said:

Bit different playing a team you've never heard of and PSG... but to be fair the atmosphere is terrible still. 

Fans don’t have anything to excite them apart from the overhead kick.