Jareth

9 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

There's no doubt tired legs will catch up with us. If they do, let's stay calm.

If we can just go for one more day...

I'm not sure the impact of tiredness will be all that much.

Our style of play is slow and considered, not the blood and thunder approach of, say Newcastle. I think this is intended to some degree to enable us to play in Europe and still be competitive in the league. Emery is well versed in European campaigns and has experience of how to keep his teams fresh for the duration of a season.

I do think in some matches we deliberately play at an even slower pace, frustratingly slow, in an attempt to keep gas in the tank.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Not really, I think when Man City have Rodri, Doku, KDB, Grealish et al available they will walk the league. Especially KDB and Rodri as they are such quality players. Yes we have Mings and Buendia out too, but their squad, their treble winning squad, is a fair bit better than ours.

Their cheating has allowed them to be so stacked in most positions and expect them to win it by 10 points.

City are not that stacked this season in terms of depth. We saw that with the bench they had against us. I think they have ~15 real elite players, but beyond that it's either promising kids or fairly underwhelming (Kovacic, Nunes, Phillips) - so when they had 4 players out against us, that's what their bench was left with. There was no gamechangers there. Surprising they let both Mahrez and Gundogan go in summer.

Not seen a team look so united for some time. No prima donnas, no petulance, subs coming on and giving everything, totally playing for each other. Add that to the fact we have some very talented footballers, Villa are undoubtedly in the mix. No outstanding team in the league this year in terms of running away with it. It’s definitely on. 

• Like 1

It's bloody crazy, but we are absolutely in it.

Brentford

Sheffield United

Man United

I think we'll need atleast 6 points from these games. To be going into Jan still looking like contenders.

I think we need 3 points Vs United in order to cement ourselves in the Top 4 before the second half of the season begins, we could have ourselves an 11pt gap on 5th if we do.

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 2

On 06/12/2023 at 08:14, Sulberto21 said:

These are two big games that we can’t sit back and hope to get scraps on the counter. We have to play with authority and try and get at least 45% ball possession and give both teams a bloody nose.

If we finish these two games unbeaten then I know we will get top four. Two defeats and I don’t think we will. 1 win 1 loss it’s still very much on. 1 defeat and a draw is okay but I think it’s a top 6/7 finish.  

Two wins and it’s a genuine title challenge and I don’t care what anyone else says or thinks about that.

……

• Like 4