Celebrity Scandals

ml1dch

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Also amazes me how he’s managed to convince thousands that he’s somehow not the establishment. He’s a millionaire who can hide his crimes using injunctions and payoffs. 

no-shrug.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

He’s exactly what he complains about to his useful idiots. 

In his actual video he rubbishes the claims made against him by these everyday women then goes on to say something like those in power need to listen more to the little people. 

In one sentence literally doing exactly what he's complaining about. 

1 hour ago, El Segundo said:

It’s hard to get past the impression that some have not come to the debate with an entirely open mind, or armed with any critical thinking.   There seems to be a strong bias against Brand on the basis that he’s an annoying C*** and/or expresses political and other views many don’t agree with.  In my experience it’s very typical of new Left attitudes to dismiss anyone who espouses non-mainstream views as Alt-right, Conspiracy Theorists etc  and therefore obviously a wrong’un.  Ad hominem attacks as opposed to actually coming up with some rational counter arguments.  And there’s a hint of doing likewise to other posters who present a different view as well.  I’d rather hoped VT would be better than the torches and pitchforks school of debate.   

Go on then. What's your critical thinking behind multiple women making these accusations? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Your taking the comment out of context, obviously. I was talking along the lines of arguing with your partner, which in reality is emotional abuse. Also if you have been a promiscuous man and slept with alot of women, even if you claim them all to be consensual, you as a man now are putting yourself at risk, an so the conversation on here proves it so.

An just for the guys who like to make up stories, please don't label me on a forum, I know what I mean and it's not condoning any sort of abuse or harassment on women.

1. I was not labelling you as anything on this forum.  I stand by my comment.  Anyone who thinks most men behave in a criminal way towards women has an incredibly distorted view.  I can only conclude that they have used their own behaviour as a perverse benchmark of normality.  

2.  I accept that your posts may have been out of context, ambiguous, badly worded, mistaken etc.  But I truly found your post troubling. I perceived it as a near admission of serious criminality. If all men are at risk of false abuse accusations it's probably not a good idea to post things on a forum that MISTAKENLY suggest you have undertaken such acts. 

52 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

1) he knew this was coming out and pivoted hard to content that is eaten up by conspiracy theorists, who are more likely to defend him than the left who he used to more identify with. These stories have likely been suppressed for years with injunctions and the like, and him becoming a Q anon, anti-vax populist who coincides very nicely with this story. 

This is an excellent point. 

There have been some very specific individual accusations laid at this feet.  How has he reacteed? How would YOU react? 

Instead of addressing the accusations he's just given a generic "it's all lies" response and then immediately jumped onto making accusations that it's all a conspiracy against him by powerful figures. 

That's just not a rational response to the situation. Why's he gone straight to that? 

Edited by sidcow

Just now, sidcow said:

There have been some very specific individual accusations laid at this feet.  How have he reaceted? How would YOU react? 

Instead of addressing the accusations he's just given a generic "it's all lies" response and then immediately jumped onto making accusations that it's all a conspiracy against him by powerful figures. 

That's just not a rational response to the situation. Why's he gone straight to that? 

That’s the classic conspiracy theorist response to everything isn’t it.

Trump, Farage, Alex Jones, Elon Musk all do the same as soon as they are in trouble.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, sidcow said:

There have been some very specific individual accusations laid at this feet.  How have he reaceted? How would YOU react? 

https://reddit.com/r/LowStakesConspiracies/s/ILOMkwL6R5

Russell Brand is moving to the right so that when the ~accusations~ finally come out he can claim it’s a witch hunt.

Interesting that people predicted this 7 months ago. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

There have been some very specific individual accusations laid at this feet.  How has he reacteed? How would YOU react? 

And the ultimate irony here is he is a powerful figure getting millions of views on his content. And him as the powerful figure caused hurt to ordinary people, and used his power to defend it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

A lot comes down to he said/she said at the end of the day. 

It's rare a third party witnesses a rape. 

Same with these murders, so many strangulation cases are defended by she liked kinky sex. It's a really common defe. 

Has one man on here ever had a girlfriend who liked a bit of strangulation during sex. Yet to the world is full of them apparently. Prove me wrong. 

Something very close yes

2 hours ago, El Segundo said:

It’s hard to get past the impression that some have not come to the debate with an entirely open mind, or armed with any critical thinking.   There seems to be a strong bias against Brand on the basis that he’s an annoying C*** and/or expresses political and other views many don’t agree with. 

Think you've managed to massively misdiagnose this one, champ. Why are you under the impression that people have made their opinions on this due to his personality or his politics?

To take an example, I greatly dislike the comedy (such as it is), the personality and the politics of Lee Hurst. However, if he were to be accused of rape then I wouldn't automatically assume that he was guilty because he's not made a whole career (such as it is) out his dogshit sexual politics, there isn't a mountain of evidence in the public domain already of his dogshit sexual politics and there isn't an entire entertainment industry who has been whispering that Lee Hurst is a sexual predator for the last two decades. 

Given with Russell Brand there is all of those things I'm one hundred per cent comfortable not giving him the benefit in the doubt in these cases. I've not come to this with an open mind. I came to it with the mind that Russell Brand is at best a sexual predator, and at worst, a rapist. And my arrival at that conclusion was just the same whether he was in his flat telling people to vote for Ed Miliband or sitting on YouTube telling people to vote for Donald Trump.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Your taking the comment out of context, obviously. I was talking along the lines of arguing with your partner, which in reality is emotional abuse. Also if you have been a promiscuous man and slept with alot of women, even if you claim them all to be consensual, you as a man now are putting yourself at risk, an so the conversation on here proves it so.

Just absolute nonsense

• Like 1

Â