Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Crystal Palace

limpid

Match Polls  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/09/23 at 22:59

4 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

This is what the top sides do, can turn around a bad result just like that. Brilliant. 

Liverpool, Spurs, Man City and us - all came from behind today to win.  So great to be on the right side of stats like that.  This is the kind of game / result that should build confidence within the team that they can keep going and get out of a hole.

• Like 4

MOTM goes to Duran because we weren't scoring unless it was something special.

Ref was utterly pathetic though he did give us the pen, so I hate him a little less. 

Should have been out of sight at HT but I'll take a win like that, will do wonders for confidence. 

• Like 2

I thought it was definitely a pen. Ollie gets a little touch on it, gets collected and the the ball gets swept away. I don't think the touches the ball before the foul. 

Massive character building win. We kept going, and Duran coming on with his high energy changed the game. 

2 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

First time EVER I have given a ref top marks.

Shame a few more don't stand up to VAR.

i waivered on his vote.  his courage to stand up to VAR was impressive.  But the cards for silly trivia worked against him.  the last one for Duran was the worst of the lot.

I've got to admit, I'd lost faith in the 2nd half and couldn't see the goal coming. Delighted to be proved wrong. That Duran goal could be crucial in our season and what a goal. Then Dougie ice cold from the spot.

Nice to see the subs all contribute. Obviously Duran but Bailey looked good too and Tielemans played the through ball for the penalty.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Duran changed the game for me.

Doug is a HUGE player.

Diaby is consistently good.

Still some worries about Ollie and Torres.

That aside, that is a HUGE character building and morale win.

Not everyone was 100% on it today at all but we still made enough chances first half to win easy. I thought Konsa was great today, Torres played some nice stuff when he had time to pick a pass he was creative and precise. Martinez unreal save and unlucky to slip for their goal. Cash and Digne ok, Cash guilt of missing two good chances. Zaniolo not in the game enough, still managed to look very good with what little of the ball he had, made a couple of really good chances for his team mates. Ollie unlucky to hit the post, but could have done better with another couple. Jhon Duran, superb, workrate to burn and just amazing finish. Diaby is superb, Bailey played some really good stuff today. 

We looked a bit scrappy but then recovered from our mistakes mostly, had trouble in the last third against a very well drilled defensive unit. Superb 3 points though, when everyone thought we were getting beat. Time for a pint :D

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Duran changed the game for me.

Doug is a HUGE player.

Diaby is consistently good.

Still some worries about Ollie and Torres.

That aside, that is a HUGE character building and morale win.

Torres is still acclimatising, but you can't knock his distribution with the ball. Ollie, like all strikers his going through a rough patch, on another day he would have had a hat - trick. That goal by Duran, better than sex, it's a lot easier to  say that when you're 58yrs old.😉😉

Â