Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Crystal Palace

limpid

Match Polls  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/09/23 at 22:59

We were by far the better team for the majority of the game. 

Their goal was good play from Mateta rather than poor from Pau I thought. Edouard being left unmarked however was poor. Konsa in no mans land.

Penalty was stonewall! Never should've been reviewed.

McGinn was very poor. In the league this season he has more poor performances than good ones!

Zaniolo showed promise, looked a little rushed at times, needs a little adjustment, looks a quality signing.

112 minutes is a lot. Loads of time wasting from Palace, and a waste of time VAR decision.

Most important thing here was coming back from behind against a well organised defensively sound Palace! We aren't going to go the whole season scoring first. Coming from behind to win will give the team confidence, and we need to be able to do this will some regularity.

I have to give the ref great credit. The easy thing to do would be overturn the pen. But it’s very like the VVD tackle in the Newcastle game. He’s come through the player to make contact. 

The goal from Big Jhon changed the game. And Bailey made a difference from the bench too. 

Happy to get the win which I think we deserved on the balance of play! 

• Like 1

Predicted 5-1 so a little disappointed, cash and watkins both missing very storable chances.

Very pleased with the win as after 70 mins or so I was not too hopeful.

Got to give digne a bit of credit for the 3rd goal, his over head kick to stop a Palace attack landed at teilmans ? Who played in diaby who I thought was going to shoot as he had a clear chance to but played a perfect ball into Bailey to score.

Pau played some amazing passes all over the pitch 

We were slow and plodding for spells although I'm not sure if this is how they are meant to play, sort of spend opponents energy running after the ball all game, but some of our passing was sloppy throughout the game, that needs to happen less.

Great duran goal

Great pen by doug, to me it was a pen, clipped ollie's ankle or leg just before he took the ball which caused ollie to fall

Great break away goal for the 3rd.

And man ure lost 3- 1, what a day.

Time to WhatsApp my man u mate and ask if maguire was playing 🤣🤣

The good: Dougie (ran things all match so had to give him MOTM), Duran (what a find), Diaby (our most consistent attacker), Emi (saved us several times), Tielemans (brought some energy, good pass for the penalty), Digne (our best crosser of the ball...hard to choose between his crossing and Moreno's dribbling)

The bad: Watkins (still cold, needs to find his confidence)

Mixed bags: Cash (I know that he missed 2 chances, but he's a right back not a striker, and he never got into those positions in past years, so it's an improvement), Pau (good going forwards, still adjusting to defending in the PL), Zaniolo (can see the talent but not adjusted yet), Kamara (no big mistakes but still not up to last year's level), McGinn (meh)

The penalty: I'm biased but I thought it was a penalty. He clearly got both the legs and the ball. I thought that he got the legs first.

• Like 1