January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

3 minutes ago, RicRic said:

This Rogers guy better be bloody Ronaldinho, four bids! for a player that is in the same conversation as Bidace is borderline concerning, emery and co better have thought this through a million times and been convinced by him.

I don’t for a minute believe we bid 4 times it was just a case of negotiating  and ironing out details. Very different players and in terms of FFP the cost is off set over the period of his contract so the reality is the fee received for JPB covers the fee of Rogers. Thats the weird way FFP works.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

Hate to say it... I think Greenwood might...

Yeah forgot about him as he’s on loan. Actually posted that Villa should go in for him on loan at the time but was slated for it on here.😂

However, he would be the only one from Man U I’d take but of course he comes with a multitude of baggage!

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

This Rogers guy better be bloody Ronaldinho, four bids! for a player that is in the same conversation as Bidace is borderline concerning, emery and co better have thought this through a million times and been convinced by him.

I love how the outrage and exaggeration of this post is so at odds with the much tamer ‘borderline concerning’ in the middle 🤣 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Lets not get our knickers in a twist i cant judge the lad but im just saying from a cautious point of view, i havent called for a stop to the deal but just hope we are not wasting money because every signing has to be very smart now this FFP stuff is getting out of hand when we be able to sign players for £50million again because everything is extremely tight for transfers 🤔

Edited by RicRic

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I’d be open to a swap deal… the return of villalad for striker…

We have no concrete evidence that they're not the same person. 

Although I can't remember any references from Villalad to the corpses of ex Prime Ministers now I think about it...

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

We have no concrete evidence that they're not the same person. 

Although I can't remember any references from Villalad to the corpses of ex Prime Ministers now I think about it...

I kinda miss that mess11(?) guy tbh… at least he was funny…

Edited by Jas10

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

only 999,999 times, apparently.

big mistake, sack them all.

38 minutes ago, striker said:
2 hours ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

Hate to say it... I think Greenwood might...

Yeah forgot about him as he’s on loan. Actually posted that Villa should go in for him on loan at the time but was slated for it on here.😂

However, he would be the only one from Man U I’d take but of course he comes with a multitude of baggage!

You’d still take him? 😳

6 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

With Rogers coming in, does anyone think that we'll see any other signings before the window slams shut?

Holding out hope for one more (central/defensive midfield reinforcement please)… Unai did say “we can think to add one or two players”… if we can shift Chambers and/or Traore then that’s more likely to happen…

• Like 1