January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Werner at Chelsea was one of the worst transfers in recent history. He might do well with another crack at the PL but I wouldn't be too gutted to hear he was going elsewhere to try again.

Quality player before he went to Chelsea,  who have a history of destroying strikers reputations. Wouldn’t look too much into him failing there myself. I don’t think he’s good enough for the elite but a team like ours he could’ve thrived and found his form. 

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Werner at Chelsea was one of the worst transfers in recent history. He might do well with another crack at the PL but I wouldn't be too gutted to hear he was going elsewhere to try again.

Yet he was an important part of them winning the champions league. Could have been more clinical but suited Tuchel's style.

He will function well in Tottenham's system.

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Who is BVB?

Ballspielverein Borussia 09 e. V. Dortmund, commonly known as Borussia Dortmund, BVB, or simply Dortmund

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

He vaguely reminds me of somebody who used to play for us. Can't quite remember the name now... 

GC7r2T2WcAABeKm.jpeg

Callum O’Hare ?

image.jpeg.90fa51e142a2f8c7c813fdddebed3739.jpeg

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

He vaguely reminds me of somebody who used to play for us. Can't quite remember the name now... 

GC7r2T2WcAABeKm.jpeg

Ooh.... oh.... the player with the floppy hair???? 

Henri Lansbury 😂

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Hackney is a lovely footballer. Got a bit of Carrick about him, been asking a Boro fan about him for the last 12 months. Could be a very good player.

Jobe Bellingham might be worth keeping an eye on as well

I doubt anybody with the name Bellingham is playing for us anytime soon. 

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

For those that wanted Timo 

He cant even get a game for his current club and was put in the reserves recently

53 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Quality player before he went to Chelsea,  who have a history of destroying strikers reputations. Wouldn’t look too much into him failing there myself. I don’t think he’s good enough for the elite but a team like ours he could’ve thrived and found his form. 

He was always going to fail at Chelsea, he doesn't have a football brain and needs about 10 chances a game

22 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Hackney is a lovely footballer. Got a bit of Carrick about him, been asking a Boro fan about him for the last 12 months. Could be a very good player.

Jobe Bellingham might be worth keeping an eye on as well

Jobe Bellingham 😂 I'd sign him just to annoy Blues fans. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He was always going to fail at Chelsea, he doesn't have a football brain and needs about 10 chances a game

Chelsea style didn’t suit him, was very much a system player at Leipzig. I reckon Ange’s style will suit him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Chelsea style didn’t suit him, was very much a system player at Leipzig. I reckon Ange’s style will suit him.

It probably will suit him better as he just runs in straight lines but is not an improvement on Richarlison or Johnson

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

i agree, they already have blistering pace in Johnson and Son, add Werner to that front 3 and can you imagine dealing with all that pace?

thern add Van de Ven's pace at the back, that guy is rapid, a few others are pretty rapid, they will be a nasty team to deal with.

I dont like Spurs, but i cant deny they are building a very good team.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Just seen sansons contract is up at the end of the season, thought he had a year left so I take that one back.

Sanson is contracted until 2025, unfortunately. Hopefully we get some money for him, otherwise its £15m completely down the drain, amazing when you step back and think about how much money is pointlessly thrown around in football

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i agree, they already have blistering pace in Johnson and Son, add Werner to that front 3 and can you imagine dealing with all that pace?

thern add Van de Ven's pace at the back, that guy is rapid, a few others are pretty rapid, they will be a nasty team to deal with.

I dont like Spurs, but i cant deny they are building a very good team.

Van de Ven had a similar injury to Bailey who struggled get his pace back so might be same