January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

12 minutes ago, Mantis said:

RB for me. It's a glaring weak spot.

Certainly. Just feel the drop off from Kamara to who ever plays instead is much greater than the drop off from Cash to Konsa. Certainly Cash is the easiest player to see as upgradeable though as I don't think he suits the system 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I think we need to stop sticking Zaniolo on the wing, let Bailey and Diaby (needs to be more positive) battle it out for that position and put Nico in support of Ollie and, yes, I think he’s capable of covering for him too at CF… maybe even moreso than Duran (who I also like)…

There’s Ramsey too but I think it’s best to ease him into form and playing time… once he gets sharp he’s going to be a major asset again… linking up with Moreno too…

Did this on FM and we won the league. 😁

Edited by LxYoungAVFC
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

If we can't sign a RB this month then it is imperative that KKH is recalled from Plymouth, it will be a step up for him but we could do with the extra option and he can cover left back too.

I don't think he's good enough yet tbh. 

39 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yeah I think it’s clearly evident that we must stick with the Pau and Konsa partnership (so we need a new RB so that Ezri doesn’t have to fill in there) and the double pivot of Kamara and Luiz to keep momentum and success going…

There are players we can’t afford to lose… no more silly bookings/reds and some luck with fitness please… 

The drop off is too severe when we don’t have them available… a quality DM to push and cover Kamara would be a huge help. We can’t compromise on our style by playing much less capable players…

I’ll be satisfied if we manage to make those two signings… and welcome anything else if it happens… we could boost our attack but we have players to bring into form too…

Plenty of ups and downs to go for the rest of this season… no one really ever has a smooth or easy ride in this league…

Absolutely this and spot on!   

• Thanks 1

I’d be ringing Roy Hodgson and inquiring asking price for both Eze & Olise? Then a quality RB to keep Konsa at CM.

Owners have to show that type of ambition to take advantage of Villa’s start to the season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, striker said:

I’d be ringing Roy Hodgson and inquiring asking price for both Eze & Olise? Then a quality RB to keep Konsa at CM.

Owners have to show that type of ambition to take advantage of Villa’s start to the season. 

The words fail me

7 minutes ago, striker said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

On 29/12/2023 at 11:23, TRO said:

If he could do that at the time, he would have been at Liverpool....I don't think Bremner, was known for his silky passes, or his ball control, but was in a team that won the top prize...its horses for courses.

Every team in the Prem has one...I just picked those names for reference to the point....not to be taken as literally as you have taken them....having said that, if we want to be at the top table, thats the quality, we need to aim for.

Every team wants a Son or a Salah, which is unlikely, (but not impossible) so do we all just give up?

World football, is a pretty wide open space, and I would be surprised, if there are not some, players of pretty good quality out there to do a job for us.....thats why we employ, top class recruitment teams and analysts to scour the networks.

A slight down grade from Rice of Rodri, would still strengthen our team, from Dendoncker...that was the specific point....we simply cannot rely soley on Kamara in such a key and demanding role for us, in all competitions.

Where players are hard to find, is players good at everything, like Bellingham.....There are limited players in the Prem, giving us a hard time, like at Sheff Utd or Luton or Forest...so don't be too dismissive of them as just journeymen.

I believe we can find players, with not too much financial clout required to fix, some of our problems, and strengthen the overall.

Our technical players have got us to 3rd, they need some help to stay there...else they will be negated by teams who target them...they need some form of protection.

I believe Unai, will find such players, moving forward, to upgrade our peripheral players.

I get the analogies back to 81 and 82, but the game has changed so much that you cannot have one trick ponies anymore, you need the full spread of attributes to play in the Premier League, look at McGinn/Luiz, both have had to evolve and they are not in isolation.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

I’m a bit worried that it’s so obvious we won’t do anything about it, in typical villa fashion 

If we don't get anyone in at RB it won't be because we simply decided not to do anything about it, it'll be because the finances weren't right or we couldn't get our target. Happens to all clubs.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, striker said:

I don’t often agree with you Striker, but Eze would be a game changer for us, when we beat them 3-1, he was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

How bizarre? Oh how Bizarre?

Gallagher is energy without purpose, runs everywhere without cohesion or understanding, surprised he is has achieved where he is, personally think that this is his ceiling and for me, not a patch on JJ

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

If we don't get anyone in at RB it won't be because we simply decided not to do anything about it, it'll be because the finances weren't right or we couldn't get our target. Happens to all clubs.

Said it before but Dean Smith said people don't understand how complex getting transfers across the line are. 4 parties to agree, both clubs, the player, player's agent then on top of that the player's family situation. Does his partner want to relocate in UK or from overseas, if they have kids in school etc etc

• Thanks 1