January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

39 minutes ago, Farlz said:

RB and an actual creative #10, someone like Buendia that's different to Bailey/Diaby.

We won't be signing 'someone like Buendia'. We can't have any more loans so it would have to be a permanent, and Actual Buendia will be back in two or three months I assume. Unless there's someone somewhere so desperate they'll sign a contract just to the end of the season, that won't be happening. 

I wonder how much we can reasonably spend in the coming window? Unlike Chelsea:rolleyes:, we will have to keep a weary eye on that FFP thing. Two or three players would give us a squad that could better handle suspensions, injuries and the weight of fixtures that we face in the second half of the season. It seems Lenglet will have another option, if he leaves that would enable us to bring in another loan, I assume and who wouldn't want to join us, when they are shown the league table?  

2 hours ago, Farlz said:

RB and an actual creative #10, someone like Buendia that's different to Bailey/Diaby.

Totally agreed. If FFP doesn't allow us any signing, as a most demand and expensive type of players are creative No.10, maybe we take back Coultino for half a season and use rotate him with Tielenman, as Coultino won't be fit to play full many games. 

• Haha 2

a RB (a permanent, quality RB).

a striker (loan in if needed - Duran out on loan)

Anything left in the kitty, a creative no.10 (again, a loan would be ok....).

anything left at the bottom of the barrel, a DM (assuming Donk leaves).

Edited by MaVilla

2 hours ago, Digavilla said:

Totally agreed. If FFP doesn't allow us any signing, as a most demand and expensive type of players are creative No.10, maybe we take back Coultino for half a season and use rotate him with Tielenman, as Coultino won't be fit to play full many games. 

Coutinho is done. His legs have gone

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, John said:

I wonder how much we can reasonably spend in the coming window? Unlike Chelsea:rolleyes:, we will have to keep a weary eye on that FFP thing. Two or three players would give us a squad that could better handle suspensions, injuries and the weight of fixtures that we face in the second half of the season. It seems Lenglet will have another option, if he leaves that would enable us to bring in another loan, I assume and who wouldn't want to join us, when they are shown the league table?  

I think we might need to sell to buy. We definitely need CL football or we might have to sell a big hitter or two as we don’t generate enough revenue. 

5 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Coutinho is done. His legs have gone

Agreed and everyone can see that, but if we can't spend money due to buy new shiny creative no 10,  how ?

Or we can sell some of current squad to free up cash to buy? Can't think of our current first 11 squad that's not needed.Also can't loan any more as quota used up. 

Most lower & mid table team will low block like last night, really urgently need a creative no 10, or we will continue struggle to open team up. Not sure our kids Kellyman /O Reilly is ready yet and Bhuendia is still months away. 

Not sure our situation with FFP but finger crossed we have room, a no 10 is really needed. 

Werner in on loan (option to buy or a cheat transfer in Jan if RB are desperate to get rid) and Duran out on loan so he gets as much football as possible would be a good option IMO. 

Even with his scoring woes I think Werner might help us more over the next 6 months than Duran currently will and for the long term I think Duran getting regular football is more helpful for his development than the minutes he would get here during that time.

But who knows, just speculation.

Still don’t think we have replaced Grealish tbh….or rather that type of player. A player of his ilk would have made the difference last night. However, as we know these types of player cost serious money and we just don’t  have the FFP room presently. 

Edited by eholm

They’re not going to be reactionary and buy a player in January just to defeat the low block. We struggle against it but so do almost every other team, even Arsenal/Liverpool/City. 

But we still need a RB.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Werner is definitely not a player we need. We will have similar games to last night and he is hopeless against opponents like this as he needs space to run in with his headless chicken style

Agreed. We have players are good running into space. It’s players that can create in very restricted space that we need. 

• Like 1

Just now, DJBOB said:

They’re not going to be reactionary and buy a player in January just to defeat the low block. We struggle against it but so do almost every other team, even Arsenal/Liverpool/City. 

But we still need a RB.

We're still the second highest scorers in the league 

We need to trust the Don to find a tweak rather than always thinking we need more attacking players 

• Like 2