January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

This rotate key players is nonsense. Top clubs don't do it like many want to on here. Rice has played bulk PL minutes for Arsenal, Salah for Liverpool and on and on. Kamara has played less because of 5 YC suspension

But it's still why man city won the treble... 

Compare sakas minutes last season to Grealish / foden / mahrez / alvarez

Liverpool don't do it with salah but try it with nunez, jota, diaz

But we're obviously nowhere near that, man city get away with it because they pay so much money and play so many games, it's chicken and egg, to go deep in 4 comps you need quality back ups but unless you're going deep in to 4 comps you can't feed the beast

That's why imo you go younger, 2 more duran esque players at RB and CM would be ideal, problem is everyone is looking for that RB because there aren't many anymore 

• Like 3

Also having a quick think about what other teams around us do in the 80th minute when their CM starts to tire on a yellow card

Man city - bring on 100 cap 4 CL winner kovacic... That's why they win the league, we can't do that 

Arsenal - jorginho again we can't do that, or fabio vieira which is where I hope we can try and emulate but they also took a gamble with lokongo which didn't pay off

Liverpool - endo who I would say is of the same ilk as dendoncker, then gravenberch, elliot, Jones and next season carvalho which again is where I think we should be looking, they've also got bacjetic coming through the youth set up (and check out Liverpool not spending money again) 

Spurs - oliver skipp... 

Newcastle - longstaff or miley 

Man Utd - mainoo 😂

So firstly when you look around dendoncker isn't that bad as an option, lots of exaggeration as to how bad he is for what he is and secondly I'd like to build like Liverpool, theyve got a couple of guys who will only get better, we've got tim who I hope comes good but I don't see it yet

So I like the Gloukh link earlier in the week, gourna douath at salzburg too, that's where I think we should be shopping, £20m 20 year old at CM and RB for me please 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Have we given up on bringing Tim through at CM?

Dunno, he's made a few benches recently hasn't he? Not sure after his injury where he actually is

The timing for him right now is about as good as it possibly could be so the opportunity is there, it'll be a shame if he's not at the level

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Also having a quick think about what other teams around us do in the 80th minute when their CM starts to tire on a yellow card

Man city - bring on 100 cap 4 CL winner kovacic... That's why they win the league, we can't do that 

Arsenal - jorginho again we can't do that, or fabio vieira which is where I hope we can try and emulate but they also took a gamble with lokongo which didn't pay off

Liverpool - endo who I would say is of the same ilk as dendoncker, then gravenberch, elliot, Jones and next season carvalho which again is where I think we should be looking, they've also got bacjetic coming through the youth set up (and check out Liverpool not spending money again) 

Spurs - oliver skipp... 

Newcastle - longstaff or miley 

Man Utd - mainoo 😂

So firstly when you look around dendoncker isn't that bad as an option, lots of exaggeration as to how bad he is for what he is and secondly I'd like to build like Liverpool, theyve got a couple of guys who will only get better, we've got tim who I hope comes good but I don't see it yet

So I like the Gloukh link earlier in the week, gourna douath at salzburg too, that's where I think we should be shopping, £20m 20 year old at CM and RB for me please 

Absolutely bang on the Money.

• Like 1

Wonder if we'll be among the clubs looking at Joshua Zirkzee in January (or the summer). He's coming into his own now and from what little I've seen he looks great. Bayern supposed to have a buy back clause thou.

We're at that point now where we need to either look at high potential youngsters, or players that will cost a lot of money to improve the team.

I look through the team and, other than RB, can't really see anywhere where we could strengthen without spending £50m+.

I'm not saying we wouldn't do that, but who do you replace? We've still got Buendia and Mings to come back as well, plus Ramsey to get up to speed.

This is where links to the likes of Alex Baena make a bit more sense as they probably won't expect to start straight away, but have the potential to break through over the next season or so.

This would still be my ideal window when factoring in quality & value for money. Fantasy stuff of course.

• Nico Williams €47m release clause (LW)
  • Arnau Martinez €20m release clause (RB)
  • Serhou Guirassy €17.5m release clause (FW)
  • Guido Rodriguez expiring contract (DCM)
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, sne said:

This would still be my ideal window when factoring in quality & value for money. Fantasy stuff of course.

I dont want Guirassy as I really want him to beat Kane to the Golden Boot

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

Really miss someone who can break a team down when they put 11 in box.  Buendia is closest we have but obvs is out

ye, we need a top notch no.10 who can break teams down.

Based on today, I would say we need another centremid, as McGinn just didn’t look comfortable there, and it also negates his main strength of playing in one of the roles further forward.

I wonder if we could get Calvin-Phillips. Lots of talk Newcastle are after him (on loan), but I reckon we would be pretty attractive right now.

I actually think we are covered in other position if we get another centre-mid, as with McGinn and Bailey as right wing options, we don’t need to ever use Cash at right back again!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sne said:

Sacha Boey might also be a good value shout from Galatasary at right back 

• Like 2