January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

12 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

In terms of cover transfers for January. Looking at players under 20M or on loan - mostly looking at La Liga players.

• Azpilicueta (Atletico) - everyone knows who he is and what he can bring to finish out the season. Not sure Atletico will part with him but he's not a nailed on starter for them.
  • Jon Moncayola (Osasuna) - definition of a squad player. Can play CDM and RB
  • Aissa Mandi (Villareal) - was a rotation player for Villareal - can play CB/RB
  • Oscar de Marcos (Bilbao) - another old head, similar to Azpi

Why? Doubt Emery/Monchi will be looking at any of these or similar.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Why? Doubt Emery/Monchi will be looking at any of these or similar.

I think RB is our only depth problem and a lot of the other targets just from a first look would be north of 20M+ and not something I see them spending in January.

Just been doing some work avoidance and was going through some options for the DM and CM roles we might be looking at. 

DM: Guido Rodriguez is a good shout, currently on 28k and his contract expires 6/24. A younger option would be wonderkid Vermeeren but Barca and Arsenal are sniffing around him (he apparently has a £13m release clause in his contract, which is nothing really).

CM: Joey Veerman at PSV is similar to Dougie, has a good long pass on him and is only on 13k at present. He wouldn’t break the bank. Koopmeiners would be an option too as his deal expires 6/25 so Atalanta might be tempted.

50 minutes ago, burchy said:

Just been doing some work avoidance and was going through some options for the DM and CM roles we might be looking at. 

DM: Guido Rodriguez is a good shout, currently on 28k and his contract expires 6/24. A younger option would be wonderkid Vermeeren but Barca and Arsenal are sniffing around him (he apparently has a £13m release clause in his contract, which is nothing really).

CM: Joey Veerman at PSV is similar to Dougie, has a good long pass on him and is only on 13k at present. He wouldn’t break the bank. Koopmeiners would be an option too as his deal expires 6/25 so Atalanta might be tempted.

Only @paul514 can mention koopmeiners ! 

3 hours ago, DJBOB said:

I think RB is our only depth problem and a lot of the other targets just from a first look would be north of 20M+ and not something I see them spending in January.

Why? If the right player becomes available in a deal Villa are comfortable with then we could spend good money.  

They may spend nothing of course, they may only buy if the right player is available or because we have a great chance of Top 4 or more they may take advantage and push the boat out and pay a premium for a special player.

I don’t think they will be going for players that won’t improve us.

January is a hard time to buy of course but if there is a deal to be done Emery isn’t settling for what we are, Monchi has been brought in to enhance the squad as one of his objectives, and the owners are ambitious.  The only reason we won’t buy is if the right player(s) aren’t available.

6 hours ago, lexicon said:

Good for you, you don't have family and friends who might be killed by an errant missile or drone attack. Glad you find it so **** funny. 

Sorry but I don’t care about much outside my own country or its people. I don’t have the hubris to virtue signal over the other 8 billion people.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Amazing that our net spend since 21/22 is below Chelsea, manure, Arsenal, Newcastle, Spurs, Forest, Liverpool, West Ham, Bournemouth, Palace, Man City & Brentford.....

So 13th in the PL for net spend over the last 3 years.

image.png.2a5f40207200b349bcad81de3948b047.png

Only because of Jack though

Just now, paul514 said:

Only because of Jack though

thats like saying Brighton only made £X because they sold some players for £Y.

its all part of the calculation, i guess that if we didnt get the Grealish money, we wouldnt have spent the Grealish money, so we would have been in a similar position overall?

Just now, MaVilla said:

thats like saying Brighton only made £X because they sold some players for £Y.

its all part of the calculation, i guess that if we didnt get the Grealish money, we wouldnt have spent the Grealish money, so we would have been in a similar position overall?

It’s just one player though Brighton have brought those players for peanuts that they sold for blockbuster figures. It’s highly impressive 

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Amazing that our net spend since 21/22 is below Chelsea, manure, Arsenal, Newcastle, Spurs, Forest, Liverpool, West Ham, Bournemouth, Palace, Man City & Brentford.....

So 13th in the PL for net spend over the last 3 years.

image.png.2a5f40207200b349bcad81de3948b047.png

AC Monza have been splashing the cash !

• Shocked 1

55 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Sorry but I don’t care about much outside my own country or its people. I don’t have the hubris to virtue signal over the other 8 billion people.

It's pretty hard to know where to begin with a post like that - arrogance, xenophobia, bigotry, accusing people of virtue signalling because they actually do give a shit, accusing someone who literally does have family and friends there of virtue signalling. You're a terrible human being. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, DJBOB said:

In terms of cover transfers for January. Looking at players under 20M or on loan - mostly looking at La Liga players.

• Azpilicueta (Atletico) - everyone knows who he is and what he can bring to finish out the season. Not sure Atletico will part with him but he's not a nailed on starter for them.
  • Jon Moncayola (Osasuna) - definition of a squad player. Can play CDM and RB
  • Aissa Mandi (Villareal) - was a rotation player for Villareal - can play CB/RB
  • Oscar de Marcos (Bilbao) - another old head, similar to Azpi

I don’t see any of those happening, we’re vying for Champions League, not trying to stay up. 

Unless we can get someone who is a clear upgrade on what we have and we have the money to invest in that player (eg Frimpong), or a player may have the quality we need and available at a good price (eg Guirassy) then we don’t need to add players for the sake of it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DJBOB said:

We spent £30m last January and that was supposedly a quiet January. 

• Like 1