January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

4 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Molino from Athletico is being linked. 30 mill buyout clause. Athleti want to sign him up to a new deal and insert a 90 mill buyout.  Starts nearly all games for them and Argentina. 25 years old right back . 

Why would he is the question ?  They pay really well. He is first choice and is first choice for Argentina. 

Looked bang average tonight against Celtic no where near a 30m player based on that performance.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Pavlidis yes please. 

He looks decent despite his miss, perhaps he didn’t want to upset his new employers? We shouldn’t write him off for one bad game his stats up to then look very good and considering stats are all we know and the holy grail for most people’s assessment of players…………..

On 27/10/2023 at 11:24, Kiwivillan said:

One of funniest thing about Alkmaar win is I've seen several posts last few months suggesting Matt Ryan as backup GK. 5 shots on target and 4 goals and the 5th shot was Bailey parry to Watkins 🤣

He's better than Olsen comfortably though, normally a very reliable keeper.

A right back as competition for Marty Cash.

A back up keeper who can use their feet and doesn’t put the fear of god into his team mates

And if I’m being greedy another forward. I think Duran still needs time to develop..

Please 🙏 

• Like 2

On 27/10/2023 at 11:24, Kiwivillan said:

One of funniest thing about Alkmaar win is I've seen several posts last few months suggesting Matt Ryan as backup GK. 5 shots on target and 4 goals and the 5th shot was Bailey parry to Watkins 🤣

If Olsen was in goal he would have conceded 6!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

Quite like the look of Bazunu for a keeper, good distribution skills too.

Id look at a few clips of him in an Irish jersey, we have conceded a crazy amount of goals from long range, he seems to get beaten easily 

• Like 1

Linked with a swoop for Serhou Guirassy which would be a pretty amazing signing. He has a £15m release clause apparently which also means every single club in Europe will try to sign him.

• Like 2

I think maybe a replacement for Dendoncker and a RB as replacement for Chambers. We probably need a right footed versatile forward too if we can find one. Obviously need a replacement for Olsen. 

But we're a strong squad as is. With 4 of our first team players from last season to come back. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think maybe a replacement for Dendoncker and a RB as replacement for Chambers. We probably need a right footed versatile forward too if we can find one. Obviously need a replacement for Olsen. 

But we're a strong squad as is. With 4 of our first team players from last season to come back. 

Maybe Tim can replace Dendonker freeing up some funds for other positions ?

• Like 1

Emery said in an interview a lot of the summer sales (archer, Ramsey etc) were to help balance the FFP books.

I wonder how much flexibility we will have FFP wise in jan and leading in to the summer?

21 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Emery said in an interview a lot of the summer sales (archer, Ramsey etc) were to help balance the FFP books.

I wonder how much flexibility we will have FFP wise in jan and leading in to the summer?

I am wondering this at the moment as  in my opinion January is the time to invest with us starting so well