Clément Lenglet

Tom13

He did alright. Not sure if Archer was his man or not but in general play he was o.k although dosen't look the quickest so get the feeling if he starts at Old Trafford and we park 40 yards up the pitch we might get caught out.

Or we bring Carlos back in and go 3 at the back perhaps?

59 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Good outing, didn’t look out of place, good range of passing and looked safe. If he is available for £15m as suggested we should buy

He is on 12 million a year at Barcelona. We wont be buying him

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, thunderball said:

Good outing, didn’t look out of place, good range of passing and looked safe. If he is available for £15m as suggested we should buy

the problem with Lenglet isnt the fee i would say, its his wages, the guy is one of our top earners, and thats with us only paying half his wages or something.

i think we are paying him c. 125k a week, im sure i read somewhere thats he's on 250k a week.

no way is it worth paying a backup CB that, well......not for where we are right now anyways.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, thunderball said:

We'll have mings back and won't need him

But as a loan player for 1 year injury cover we've done well with him, hard to imagine many better being available for that kind of role 

Edited by villa4europe

8 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Thought he was fine. Not a starter but excellent squad player if he’s happy with that.

With Mings back, not sure many teams (in the world) could boast a stronger CD squad of Mings, Konsa, Torres, Carlos, and Lenglet to rotate from?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Thought he was fine, but he did let Archer get away from him for the goal.

Anyone expecting his passing to be anywhere near Pau's level was always going to be left disappointed.

To be fair I thought everyone let everyone go for the goal, surprisingly poor shape from us, cash wants to cover the wide man but isn't actually out there, mcginn should track the run behind him or if cash isn't wide then he needs to know that run is there, konsa covers the front post rather than Archer and lenglet doesn't do much of anything 

It was poor all round, completely switched off

• Like 1

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He did alright. Not sure if Archer was his man or not but in general play he was o.k although dosen't look the quickest so get the feeling if he starts at Old Trafford and we park 40 yards up the pitch we might get caught out.

Or we bring Carlos back in and go 3 at the back perhaps?

Lenglet did alright I think (to stay in topic) 

As for Diego coming back in, almost certain he will as Cash is suspended so Konsa at rb

• Like 1

Â