Clément Lenglet

Tom13

1 minute ago, Ginko said:

I reckon 17 or 18, though what I really want is for the 13 shirt to get some love. I think it was Michael Bradley who last wore it for us, wasn’t it? If I were a DCM I’d definitely wear it.

As a superstitious person, I'd never allow that number to be used by a player in my team.

I don't even allow it on FM. Accidentally gave it to a good player before and had to immediately release them 😂

• Haha 3

The Torres assist from last night shows you what Emery wants from his centre backs.  He'd rather score 2 and concede 1 than score none.

Clément seems to be another in the same vein with great progressive stats and competent, if not exemplary, defensive ones. 

Welcome Clément, keep that spot warm for Mings.

Edited by MrBlack
é

Said he spoke to Emery and Monchi "during the summer". I wonder if we were planning on getting him in potentially and allowing Chambers to move on. If we are planning on 3CBs and one FB in most games then would make sense to have 5 quality CBs

• Like 1

On 30/08/2023 at 14:41, VillaParkAvenue said:

If you mean Barcelona, Adama Traore, Coutinho and Martin Braithwaite recently played for them too.

Emery didn’t sign him at Sevilla but Monchi did. Monchi seems to revisit a lot of earlier signings (Zaniolo, Acuna rumours) and I’m fine with it.

So what? If you want to use that odd logic we could mention the likes of Messi, Lewandowski, Neymar Jnr...

It's a good signing in my opinion, the statistics comparing him with Mings also confirm it.

Â