Clément Lenglet

Tom13

5 hours ago, weedman said:

It's mad that there are people moaning about other people moaning that other people are moaning about a player that most are kind of nonplussed about 

Stop moaning! :D

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, duke313 said:

Who cares what salary he's on if the club are happy to pay it.

Have you ever been in the Digne thread?

3 pages of player analysis. 200 pages of wage analysis! :D

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, jim said:

Best I could get 😂 Only know it was him as the guy driving him asked how to pronounce his name 😂

9A06589A-5409-4697-8693-E93FF998618F.thumb.jpeg.7f24095ba39e3eb97f49578d297f4ca3.jpeg

Thats Stephen Merchant

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Welcome to the internet! 

Wait. This is the internet? I’m disappointed. I thought the internet would have lots of naked women, instead all I get is moaning and fish puns? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Xela said:

Thats Stephen Merchant

I think it’s the angle I was holding my phone so the reception didn’t see. He was a bit taller than me prob 6ft 1.

4 hours ago, duke313 said:

Who cares what salary he's on if the club are happy to pay it.

I think it seems to be a shrewd signing, really happy with it also with the wages quoted and I fully trust the ppl at the club now to take sensible decisions on these matters.

But I don't fully agree with the argument that it doesn't matter what salary he is on if the club is happy with it. Every club has a budget and paying high wages to one player will mean there is less room to bring in another one in a position you might think is more urgent to strengthen. I think it's a valid question to know approximately how much the player is on and thereby how much room there is left to sign other players. If it is a player in a position you dont feel is urgent to stregthen (Like Bruce and our RB:s)I think it's a fair point if you don't want the club to spunk high wages on that player.

As for Coutinho for example I presume he is one of our highest earners and I don't think he contributes enough for that, nor that we lack players in his position. I would prefer that his wages are used to bring in someone else that is a starter for us. So even if I'm fairly happy to have him around, I'm not very happy with us spending high wages on him.

As for Lenglet I think it's good to bring someone in as back up at the LCB position, haven't seen much of him (except his arse thanks to Jim!), but his profile seems good, has a good pedigree playing at Barca, those players don't come cheap so I'm happy for us to pay that kind of wages.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, El Zen said:

Wait. This is the internet? I’m disappointed. I thought the internet would have lots of naked women, instead all I get is moaning and fish puns?

800px-John_William_Waterhouse_A_Mermaid.

Edited by fruitvilla
  • Haha 2

Â