Match Thread: Hibernian v Villa

limpid

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Get a couple more and we can give the likes of Feeney and Kellyman a really special Villa Park night.

Don’t know if Feeney is ready (not arguing, I genuinely don’t know) but I’d love to see Kellyman get a proper game 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Let's all remember who knocked us out of the FA cup last season. We're not immune. 

Don't like this kind of cockiness from our fans. When the players think this way, it costs us runs at trophies.

Fair comment but come on, Hibs are shyte 😂

I almost feel bad for Hibs as this was just utterly ruthless from Unai. Put the best XI on and kill the tie in the first half of the first leg, and rest. Job done.

I didn't support Villa until the McLeish days (weird time to start I know) so I imagine for those that remember the Vienna incident this is just more demons exorcized. Unai, what a man.

Edited by Caddy

I assumed Hibs would be a bit better than this. Some of the attacking play is velvet smooth, but we've been a bit casual at the back.

I cannot fathom why Johnson/Hibs have seen the Everton game and thought "yep, giving Digne the freedom of half the pitch is the way to shut Villa down".

• Like 1

Just now, PaulC said:

Very comfortable half. Watkins is at it tonight and the quality of the crossing from Digne is top class.

No good rating players in this game, no pressure what so ever against these muggs, even making Digne look like prime Ashley Young.