wishywashy

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

What position does he play?

Khedr on OS

It says he is a winger on the OS, although not sure if he has a preferred side.

Aston Villa is pleased to announce the signing of exciting Egyptian talent, Omar Khedr, from Zed FC.

The 17-year-old winger has put pen to paper on a pre-contract agreement with the club and will join officially on 1st July 2024 when he turns 18, signing a long-term deal.

Khedr’s arrival marks the first signing since Aston Villa and Zed FC entered a collaboration agreement earlier this year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rodders said:

I presume we'll get a few of these lads coming over from Egypt. Good luck to him. Gut instinct tells me he'll never make the first team, but good luck to him all the same

Not even one page of comments or even seen BMH and he's been written off, has a record that!

• Like 1

Just now, zab6359 said:

Not even one page of comments or even seen BMH and he's been written off, has a record that!

Just instinct, and statistically, 95% of them don't. Will gladly be proved wrong. The higher we aim to be in the league, the more the youngsters need to be top drawer as soon as possible. just the kind of signing has a Finn Azaz feel to it, we'll develop him, and send him out on loan a couple of times, and then maybe sell him. 

But more than delighted if he turns out to be contributing member of a successful first team. Obviously. 

I've watched him play and highlighted him as standout player on here before I knew his name or knew that we were interested' but their No.15 seemed to standout to me, looked very dangerous and skilful going forward, caused our defence problems.' The moment I found out his name and realized he had come to Bodymoor Heath for a visit here 'Omar Khadr, has already spent time training with us'

He was best player on the pitch when we played Zed FC, was going past our defenders with ease, turning them inside out, somewhat Coutinho-esque in his style of play.

He might not make it with us by virtue that high percentage of academy players won't, but he's a different kind of signing to Azaz, Azaz was twenty when he signed, whereas this player only turned seventeed last month, so he's a lot younger, put it this way I don't think he's someone we've signed just for the sake of having an Egyptian from our partner club in our academy, he looks genuniely like a promising player.

• Like 3

Â