Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

16 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Seriously think we should give him a run. Tell him he's starting the next 5 games no matter what. 

Hard for him to really impact with his lack of minutes. And it's not like anyone else is playing outstanding at the moment.

Think we'll go with the 4 cms v Newcastle, has to be Bailey supporting Ollie in that formation.

No reason not to start him v Sheffield United and then Chelsea though.

13 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Celebrating why? He'll probs get even less minutes as backup to Ollie 😂😜

Just expect him to be more involved and hopefully get to play as SS to Ollie, where I think he would be best. I think he can do well as backup CF too (his goal against Sheff Utd was a small demonstration of this and he “got us out of jail” there, made an impact and “move” that no one else managed. He also got the goal against Mostar to clinch top spot in ECL for us). Italy manager has also said he sees Nico as potentially developing into a CF…

Would be better than both Diaby (who is a winger) and Duran up there and more central too imo (though Bailey and Tielemans may continue to be favoured). Get him away from the wing and more involved in the thick of goalmouth or goalscoring action I say…

I like Duran but he needs to be patient and develop… he is one for the future imo. I think his injury could be a bit of a “blessing in disguise” rn and enable Nico to be more involved - always seen him as the better and more effective option but he hasn’t had the same opportunities…

Glad that Unai has spoken positively about him (and to him), has faith in him and expects more from him for the rest of the season… yeah, I’m excited 😂

I think he has so much talent to “unlock” and if that happens… he’ll be a major help for the rest of the season… (will be “like a new signing” 😂)

Come on Nico, time to shine! Stake your claim!

🙏🤌🇮🇹

Edited by Jas10

Unai is probably referring to the betting scandal and maybe Nico’s previous desperation for a goal or to make an impact (he’s looking more relaxed now) when he says, “he had some circumstances”, “individual issues”, “not 100%”…

sounds like that’s all been dealt with and overcome… he expects him to be better now…

Yay

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

He's been given the grilling. Time to get going.

Dai Nico!

Not only that but highlighted as having a significant role in the team which the carrot to go with the stick. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Hopefully Zaniolo at striker goes better than El Ghazi at striker. 

Italian national team coach said last year he thought Zaniolo’s future was as a CF. 

• Like 1

If we could combine Diaby's getting into shooting positions with Zaniolo's drilled shooting we'd have an absolute monster on our hands. Hopefully they can both step up and both become monsters.

• Like 1

On 14/01/2024 at 16:57, Jas10 said:

I really would rather see him coming on before or instead of Duran, especially when Ollie is still on the pitch.

I’m convinced he could impact the game more from a more central position rather than stuck out on the wing (and with more than the last 10 mins to play)…

He can be a genuine goal threat… I’m not sure about his creativity as I haven’t seen that demonstrated much but he has technical ability, strength and can finish…

Duran is young and needs more development imo… I prefer Nico…

But… Unai knows best…

The late goal against Sheff Utd, is precisely the type of goal that I want to see him score, and what he is capable of.

The Football IQ to make the run off the line, should be his stock in trade.....He needs to use his frame more, he should be hard to handle, allied to his football brain...he can create uncertainty in defences, by forcing errors.

He is a unit, and has the technical gift, to capitalise, more than he does...He looks to me, to need a bigger injection of belief....He is frustrating, because there could be a real player in there.

We had this to a degree, with El ghazi, who didn't live up to the effectiveness, we were all looking for.

• Like 2

Zaniolo back up to Ollie.....why not?

makes complete sense to me....sure he needs to improve, but maybe UE's little whisper in the ear, will work wonders.

All the other proposed options, don't look any better to me.

I feel, more composed, when he is in the team.....despite his need to improve and get amongst the goals.

He gives us presence.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â