Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

9 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

People say Traore has poor decision making, when in fact it's the opposite when it comes to the crucial moments, hence his very positive numbers everywhere he's played. Zaniolo has to improve massively in this area.

That chance that Diaby put him in for today, you just can't afford to take a bad touch there. Has to be touched in front of him and bang we're level.

Traore this Troare that lol. They play completely different positions. 

If Traore is an example of the level he needs to get to then he's f***** anyway. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Traore this Troare that lol. They play completely different positions. 

If Traore is an example of the level he needs to get to then he's f***** anyway. 

Didn't say the level he needs to get to, I said decision making. If you're going to reply to me, try commenting on what I've actually said instead of twisting it.

Edited by Tom13

6 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Didn't say the level he needs to get to, I said decision making. If you're going to reply to me, try commenting on what I've actually said instead of twisting it.

If there is one thing Traore isn't great at it's his decision making, which is the reason why he can't get regular game time. It has nothing to do with his ability which everyone knows he has in abundance. He just doesn't even know what he's doing himself half the time, which can be great or equally as infuriating.

I'm not twisting anything but if your going to point the finger at Zaniolo for decision making you need a better example than Traore. 

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

If there is one thing Traore isn't great at it's his decision making, which is the reason why he can't get regular game time. It has nothing to do with his ability which everyone knows he has in abundance. He just doesn't even know what he's doing himself half the time, which can be great or equally as infuriating.

I'm not twisting anything but if your going to point the finger at Zaniolo for decision making you need a better example than Traore. 

I'd say his decision making in the final third is pretty damn good tbh, he finds players in dangerous areas with intent, and his numbers more than back that up. In his own third, yeah, he does random stuff which is why Emery doesn't really trust him and you can't blame him.

Either way, I think Zaniolo clearly has to improve in that area.

Side note, does anyone know if Zaniolo was quicker before his two ACLs? I always envisaged him as a really pacey player, but could be wrong.

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Still more effective than Bailey. Didn’t deserve to be pulled off at half time, especially given the replacement.

I felt Bailey tried to make thing happen, but he was double teamed most of the time. 

I'd personally have taken off McGinn for Bailey. I felt that although Zaniolo wasn't particularly effective we had zero threat on the right as both McGinn and Cash were totally shut down. It was a poor game from both McGinn and Cash. Bailey at least provide a threat and we were far more dangerous down that side when Bailey came on.

However when McGinn moved to the left it was worse there. Only Digne provided any attacking threat, at least Zaniolo was getting into dangerous positions and asking more questions. 

In hindsight the half time subs should've been Bailey for McGinn, and Carlos for Cash. Then maybe Mangala wouldn't  have even had that shooting chance. Cash was getting murdered by Elanga defensively, and did absolutely nothing offensively.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Tom13 said:

People say Traore has poor decision making, when in fact it's the opposite when it comes to the crucial moments, hence his very positive numbers everywhere he's played. Zaniolo has to improve massively in this area.

That chance that Diaby put him in for today, you just can't afford to take a bad touch there. Has to be touched in front of him and bang we're level.

I think if he wasn’t lacking in confidence he’d have not taken a touch and either let the ball run slightly then hit it or just hit it first time. It was on a plate. 

17 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He's always involved in things. He never shys away. 

I don't get why we haven't tried him on the right. 

Bailey didn't do anything when he came on. Diaby put in the worst performance since he joined us. 

I don't know why Zaniolo is becoming the man to hammer. 

I think it’s partly because we’re in a position where we can say to ourselves “Ok we’ve seen what we’ve seen so far, is he worth spending (at least) another £20m on?”

There’s a sort of crunch point coming with the transfer I guess. That sort of money isn’t going to kill us financially but I also don’t think we want to spend it on players who aren’t going to offer us more. 

More than happy for him to come great and us to make it permanent, but as it stands, if I was making the decision in January I’d be leaning towards spending the money elsewhere.

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Bailey didn't do anything when he came on. Diaby put in the worst performance since he joined us. 

Valid point although Diaby favours that position...

Emery did say when Zaniolo signed that he can play accross the front three.

I'm thinking really Zaniolo was back-up for Ramsey and it's unfortunate he hasn't had the time to experience PL football in a slower and more refined way; instead he's been thrown in.

This lad shouldn’t be singled out just as he had the hook early ,( he’s an easy target with his recent off field attention)  . things happen when the rest of the squad also aren’t at the races ,something had to change quickly and I’m sure Unai expected more from him and his replacement . Since being with us he’s shown a glimmer that he could fit in and we have the right man at the helm to try and make it happen . He seems like the kind of player that if it clicks for him he could explode on the scene  . All 🤞of course. UTV!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Diaby wasn't at the races - but still could have grabbed a couple of assists. 

Zaniolo was really poor - that's why he's being hammered. Missed our best chance of the half when played in by Diaby (really sloppy first touch, a good player sets himself up to score there), fell over in the box under no contact - when there were great options square, muscled off the ball when tracking back which should have resulted in Forest going 2-0 up earlier 0 but their player skied it.

They were just the highlights. He was slow, lumbering, did nothing positive. 

Emery hooked him at 45 minutes, so clearly he thought so too.

• Like 2

Â