Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

What are these illegal platforms they're betting on? Why aren't they using bet365 or whatever? Because they're betting thousands at a time?

I had a friend that worked at one of the major high street bookmakers.  He told me VIP clients would actually bet on adjacent website/apps set up by the bookmakers that offered more attractive odds and higher limits.

7 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I'm convinced it's just a storyline to keep us entertained during the incredibly dull international break. Its worked too!

You and I have very different interpretations of the word 'entertainment'. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wishywashy said:

Fagioli's ban has been announced, but he has gone through a plea deal with the Italian authorities: Tonali is set to seek one too. Hopefully Zaniolo's decision to defend himself is the right one, seems that everything is happening fairly quickly.

Anything involving the Italian authorities is likely to be long a drawn out, not to mention suspicious too. I live in northern Italy for about 18 months a few years ago. 

29 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

So Fagiolo might have a punishment handed down to him already by Italian Authorities but Paqueta who's allegedly spot fixed games still gets to play every week. 

Makes sense. 

I imagine the Italian authorities are just waiting for the bribe to come through

3 hours ago, wishywashy said:

Fagioli's ban has been announced, but he has gone through a plea deal with the Italian authorities: Tonali is set to seek one too. Hopefully Zaniolo's decision to defend himself is the right one, seems that everything is happening fairly quickly.

That's an insanely fast decision.

1 hour ago, KAZZAM said:

So Fagiolo might have a punishment handed down to him already by Italian Authorities but Paqueta who's allegedly spot fixed games still gets to play every week. 

Makes sense. 

Fagiolo has been cooperating since August. And has confessed to his crimes. 

Edit: Actually I thought I read somewhere that it was in August but can't find it. 

Edited by MotoMkali

27 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

So is he not in the Italy squad because of the gambling allegations?

They sent Tonali and Zaniolo home after the story leaked prior to the Malta game. The police wanted to move after the game, which would have been a bit melodramatic maybe but regardless once it leaked the Italian fa sent them home.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

They sent Tonali and Zaniolo home after the story leaked prior to the Malta game. The police wanted to move after the game, which would have been a bit melodramatic maybe but regardless once it leaked the Italian fa sent them home.

Thanks, it sounds like he’s not done anything significant now, so it’s a shame for him when he’d got his call up back to the squad 

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not sure what this means for Zaniolo but...

He had already admitted he'd bet on football matches on the illegal platform. So he had admitted to breaching football rules against betting on football and was destined for a ban. 

Zaniolo is saying he never bet on football 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, CVByrne said:

He had already admitted he'd bet on football matches on the illegal platform. So he had admitted to breaching football rules against betting on football and was destined for a ban. 

Zaniolo is saying he never bet on football 

Zaniolo's might drag on if he' saying he hasn't bet on matches.  They can't ban him unless they have proof.

Â