Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

9 hours ago, TomC said:

If you'd rather have Buendia back than Zaniolo, something tells me that you don't like Zaniolo very much!

I would rather have Buendia back than Zaniolo. Buendia is a creative No.10 and link midfield to attack , and can a crossed the midfield. We don’t have a like for like player to replace him to replace his role ( Luis is asked to do that but he’s never a 10). Zaniolo is different type of attacking midfielder/ winger and reportedly is strongest player on the right side , which we are currently quite well stock Diaby, Bailey , Traore etc

• Like 2

12 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Just looked up Fabrizio Corona. What an interesting chap. 

I'd be interested to know more about this stuff. Are there any books or online articles where we can learn more about this guy or the culture you're talking about? I find this stuff fascinating but f**king terrifying 

Yes it’s illegal betting is a seriously problem world wide and have far reaching influence on games fixing/ money laundering/Tax evasion etc .  Last month , authority in Singapore just seized USD 2 Billion worth of assets from a syndicate that operates illegal gambling /off-shore betting website  and they are just only side kicks, not even the main guy yet.

Illegal betting/ off shore gambling sites is a plague that always leads to match fixing /extortion of players etc as they and will eventually kill the game. 

• Like 2

Tbf I always thought he looked a poor player.

Not gonna lose sleep over this.

Always thought he had bad decision making. Guess I was proved right 😜

Edited by Pinebro

19 hours ago, ender4 said:

The problem is that we really need him on form between now and January.  With this hanging over him, he's not going to be in the right form of mind to be playing at the highest level. 

Why? Toney was brilliant last season and he knew he was guilty and had it hanging over him. 

From what snippets of information cane from prosecutors it's that he was using an offshore betting and unlicenced company for placing bets. Which is a minor issue. If he was betting on games he was involved in it's a big issue. 

Plus, this is Italy, everything is inherently corrupt so massive pinch of salt with all of this too. 

16 hours ago, TomC said:

If you'd rather have Buendia back than Zaniolo, something tells me that you don't like Zaniolo very much!

Buendia is going to become a world beater on here while he’s injured with people conveniently forgetting that Emery prefers Bailey over him. 

We’ve got a very chequered past when it comes to signing attacking wide players. Diaby aside, we’ve not been that great in recent times. 

12 hours ago, tinker said:

Be nice to get some clarification from villa on the contract situation but I'm pretty sure we are protected against a player who possibly going to have a 2 year ban, insurance would cover this if we hadn't. 

We never get anything like this clarifies and nor should we 

Why do top level footballers do this? They already earn more they can ever spend. I could understand it back in the day when they were paid peanuts, but now? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Feel like the club aren't stupid. If we reached that milestone and we weren't sure, he just sits out the rest of the season until we are sure.

You missed the point. If it drags on and, for whatever reason, he still hasn't reached the compulsory purchase or been charged by February then it will be a difficult decision for the club. Do they cut him loose and potentially miss out on him being found innocent or have to end up paying a player's wage for the rest of the season. They wouldn't be able to bring anyone else in either as the window has shut. If they did preempt it in January then most likely it will negatively impact our transfer business and restrict who we can bring in. 

5 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

You missed the point. If it drags on and, for whatever reason, he still hasn't reached the compulsory purchase or been charged by February then it will be a difficult decision for the club. Do they cut him loose and potentially miss out on him being found innocent or have to end up paying a player's wage for the rest of the season. They wouldn't be able to bring anyone else in either as the window has shut. If they did preempt it in January then most likely it will negatively impact our transfer business and restrict who we can bring in. 

I didn't miss the point it's just one of those things isn't it, he's not our player, if he'd been crap we'd have cut him in January so the same would apply if he maybe can't play for us. We might get charged a bit more looking for a replacement but that's always the way in Jan

16 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Sounds like he's done for having now caught up.

Maybe his mom takes the fall so he can keep playing. But doesn't sound like it.

Whilst we're talking conspiracy theories...I'd assume maybe the opposite of another poster who said maybe the likes of AC Milan got Tonali sold to tie loose ends up quickly before this came out.... I'd guess it's more likely it was in fact the opposite. They left to the Prem, stopped being involved, and then it all came out, a warning to others involved that they are in until theyre allowed to be out.

Only 2 players brought up are those who moved here this summer.

Except they also charged a Juventus player 😝

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Some real supportive comments in here. Maybe let’s just wait for the investigation to run its course before judging him guilty. 

Those days are over.

If the court of public opinion says you did it, you did it.

Even if you eventually get found innocent, or the charges are dropped, you still did it, because " The charges were only dropped because they couldn't find the proof, he wasn't found innocent.. " etc. lol

Also, some say he was " shit " anyway.

• Thanks 1

Not looking good at all. 

https://www.fanpage.it/sport/calcio/sul-telefono-di-fagioli-le-chat-di-scommesse-che-incastrano-zaniolo-tonali-e-altri-10-calciatori/

This article says Zaniolo and Tonali and ten other players are implicated by chat messages on Fagioli's phone. The immense dickhead Fabrizio Corona is very well informed somehow and has been involved by the police which led to Fagioli's arrest. So he's more than likely trying to get some time off from his previous misdemeanors by trading what he knows about the betting sites and players involved. 

Looks like Zaniolo is being charged with article 4 of law 13, December 1989, n. 401. Which is to do with unlicensed betting, nothing yet about betting on games he's involved in as that isn't covered. He's involved in something that will pan out to be huge if the authorities go all the way with it. Remains to be seen if they can and will though. For Zaniolo being charged with that article could mean 6 months to 3 years prison. 

Then there's what the Italian FA do on top.

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Buendia is going to become a world beater on here while he’s injured with people conveniently forgetting that Emery prefers Bailey over him. 

We’ve got a very chequered past when it comes to signing attacking wide players. Diaby aside, we’ve not been that great in recent times. 

Remember - Bailey was about our only winger when Emery was selecting him over Buendia, and it wasn't every game he did that anyway. But anyway, we have Diaby now.

Edited by Tom13

Â