Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

Just now, Mantis said:

That Di Marzio deleted everything means he probably got it wrong. Calm down people.

No sorry. We are a mess. World is ending. Facebook rumours were true. Being outspent by Bournemouth. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, WHY said:

Positive tweet, this guy is in the know.

Negative tweet, this bloke doesn’t know his arse from his elbow.

This place is always value for a good laugh. I love it when fans get irate about tweets or other people’s opinions. 

Well it's more the case of deleting the tweet and article than the content. 

I love a spot of X (the tool formerly known as twitter) mayhem building up to the confirmation of a signing. The worst things that's happened is people seeing when a new signing actually lands for his medical, everyone wets themselves if it isn't announced by the end of that day, the lack of news creates a void then people fill that void with guff (normally engineered by children or attention seekers) - it's hilarious. 

Pass the popcorn....

Just now, Callum said:

Something pongy going on here. I fear there might be some legs in this dodgy medical you know. 

He’s passed the medical. Italian journalist posted then deleted his claim. He’s now published a new article about us allegedly wanting to change appearance fees etc. 

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Di Marzio is now saying we want to negotiate the contract terms e.g. appearances. Medical fine. You couldn’t make it up 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Perhaps we should consign Di Marzio to the blacklist.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

It would be if she was in any way involved. She wouldn't be crying for long either.

Depends if she lies a bit of DHUTWU or not

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Di Marzio is now saying we want to negotiate the contract terms e.g. appearances. Medical fine. You couldn’t make it up 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I have to say that the impression I got from the original message suggested that maybe we wanted to either extend the minimum number of matches before which the signing became permanent.  In which case not much has changed - apart from maybe his (heavy handed) assumption / inference in the article that something during the medical had prompted that request.

I'm hoping it means that he's passed the medical and that we're confident he's going to play at least the minimum number of matches and we're just playing a last minute bit of hardball saying - go on make it 25 games rather than 15 and we'll sign today.

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He’s passed the medical. Italian journalist posted then deleted his claim. He’s now published a new article about us allegedly wanting to change appearance fees etc. 

Is this not true?

9 minutes ago, allani said:

I have to say that the impression I got from the original message suggested that maybe we wanted to either extend the minimum number of matches before which the signing became permanent.  In which case not much has changed - apart from maybe his (heavy handed) assumption / inference in the article that something during the medical had prompted that request.

I'm hoping it means that he's passed the medical and that we're confident he's going to play at least the minimum number of matches and we're just playing a last minute bit of hardball saying - go on make it 25 games rather than 15 and we'll sign today.

This is my take. We are trying to take a bit more control on the obligation to make it permanent. 

51 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

its a sad time when you realise you'll never be cool enough to wear white trousers. i'd end up looking like a butcher

Sunday league cricketer me.  

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, allani said:

I think there is also an element of the fact that Galatasaray were pretty smart because they signed him (for a Turkish record I believe) at a cut-down price because the European window had already closed.  They will almost certainly almost double their money in 18 months - meaning that they can break the Turkish transfer record twice next summer if they so wish.  Meantime I think that the loan fee already covers them for FFP for this season (possibly even showing as a slight profit) so that gives them extra funds for this summer too.  In the meantime they also got a player for 6 months whose goals & assists helped them to win the title.  It was an uncredibly smart football and business / financial decision to sign him in February.

Turkish football lost a lot of its financial muscle just before covid, and has not recovered so yes they are in need of cold hard cash. That said, they only got Zaniolo in in Feb and I think they're aware of the pulling power of the Prem League for any player and on top of that the financial incentives for the club. He has done excellently there but the deal as it was was good for the club. We've obviously seen something that makes the move a a little more risky than we'd like and so the renegotiation is likely to be around having to buy him after a certain amount of appearances.

Â