Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

Just now, Gala said:

A ok, sorry I didn`t know that. I thought he can`t be worse than a lot of our turkish "journalists". Thanks for explaning.

It’s so hard to keep up these days with so many fake journalists these days, it’s hard to know who has truth and who doesn’t.  We’ve just got used to Rudy being so bad, as Villa fans.

7 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Turkey is where careers go to die. A young lad choosing that over Bournemouth or just performing for Mourinho at Roma was a red flag imo.

I get Galatasaray are a bigger club than Bournemouth and they have European games and their fans are incredible. 

But you don't go to Turkey at that age imo

It’s already been discussed at length why he went to Turkey. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Turkey is where careers go to die. A young lad choosing that over Bournemouth or just performing for Mourinho at Roma was a red flag imo.

I get Galatasaray are a bigger club than Bournemouth and they have European games and their fans are incredible. 

But you don't go to Turkey at that age imo

Galatasary have some excellent talent though. They signed Sacha Boey from Rennes when he was 20 and now he’s been linked with some of the biggest clubs in Europe. 

1 hour ago, HeyAnty said:

Looks a lot like Harry Kane doesn't he?:D 

Those goals in the semi-final and final of the Europa Cup for Roma and 13 full international caps, suggest he could be a absolute bargain, lets get it done before someone else does. 

15 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

And it wasn't to get his teeth done.

No, it was to try to keep them. 🦷

4 minutes ago, allani said:

Maybe actually do some reseach before posting (or even just read back through this thread as this has been discussed before).  Last summer Zaniolo requested a new contract that would have him on a par with the other key players at Roma - his request was rejected and so he asked about a transfer - Roma offered him out at around £50 million.  This apparently led to a bit of a falling out with Mourinho - I wonder where the blame for that might lie!  Mourinho then made some mad comments in the media about Zaniolo not being able to handle all the fouls committed on him, wanting to leave and not being committed to the club, which some of the Roma Ultras took to heart.  He got booed at the next match and then a group of Ultras turned up at his house and chased him out.  He fled to another city to avoid further attacks and was advised not to return to Rome for training for the interim period.  Roma then included him in their revised player list for the UEFA Cup in January (probably played a part in him thinking that maybe a reconciliation might be possible) before telling him not to turn up for training again until the summer.  At this point Roma put him on the transfer list - but by this time the window in Europe had closed and only the Turkish market was still open.  So Zaniolo took the option of going to Turkey.  Yet somehow all of this means that Zaniolo is to blame, has an attitude problem and going to Turkey raises red flags????

Mourinho really is the Trump of the footballing world.  Doesn't care one jot about whipping up the morons to make others' lives a misery like this and Anthony Taylor, throwing people under the bus just to deflect criticism away from him, throwing public tantrums regularly etc.  Absolute word removed.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, allani said:

Maybe actually do some reseach before posting (or even just read back through this thread as this has been discussed before).  Last summer Zaniolo requested a new contract that would have him on a par with the other key players at Roma - his request was rejected and so he asked about a transfer - Roma offered him out at around £50 million.  This apparently led to a bit of a falling out with Mourinho - I wonder where the blame for that might lie!  Mourinho then made some mad comments in the media about Zaniolo not being able to handle all the fouls committed on him, wanting to leave and not being committed to the club, which some of the Roma Ultras took to heart.  He got booed at the next match and then a group of Ultras turned up at his house and chased him out.  He fled to another city to avoid further attacks and was advised not to return to Rome for training for the interim period.  Roma then included him in their revised player list for the UEFA Cup in January (probably played a part in him thinking that maybe a reconciliation might be possible) before telling him not to turn up for training again until the summer.  At this point Roma put him on the transfer list - but by this time the window in Europe had closed and only the Turkish market was still open.  So Zaniolo took the option of going to Turkey.  Yet somehow all of this means that Zaniolo is to blame, has an attitude problem and going to Turkey raises red flags????

Thank you for this. I wasn’t aware of these details. It’s just a little tiring when people are contorting themselves over reasons not to get him on loan. I don’t really know much about him but trust in Unai to know what his squad needs. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, allani said:

Mourinho was right about him though hence his shitty disciplinary record. He cant handle the physical side of things at the moment and gets frustrated

Mourinho had been constantly defending him because of the hard tackling and maybe he was sick that he wasnt learning

7 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Mourinho really is the Trump of the footballing world.  Doesn't care one jot about whipping up the morons to make others' lives a misery like this and Anthony Taylor, throwing people under the bus just to deflect criticism away from him, throwing public tantrums regularly etc.  Absolute word removed.

Proper poisonous character… never been a fan of his… does everything the wrong way…

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, allani said:

Fair enough, wasn't aware of much of that.

But yeah I'd still think falling out with Mourinho because he was offered out at a large transfer value after he requested a transfer is a bit stupid.

What Mourinho did and what that led to is horrific. But I'd say immediately falling out with Jose Mourinho because you're unhappy at the valuation you've been offered out at after your transfer request is a bit ridiculous.

The rest, fair enough thanks for explaining ...

unlike @duke313 .... I apologize for not reading all 40 pages before airing my opinion. 

Edited by HalfTimePost

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Mourinho was right about him though hence his shitty disciplinary record. He cant handle the physical side of things at the moment and gets frustrated

Mourinho had been constantly defending him because of the hard tackling and maybe he was sick that he wasnt learning

Mourinho was more than happy with him before the contract issue.  Certainly had no issues with him when scoring a hat-trick in the quarter final or scoring the only goal in the final of the Conference League.  He objected to Zaniolo, justifiably, asking for an improvement in his contract to match that of his peers and then, when the new contract was requested, asking about a transfer.  As per usual Mourinho took that as a personal slight and used every opportunity thereafter to criticise a player who less than 3 months before he'd been praising.  Mourinho has form for doing this in the past - multiple times.

Yes - there are concerns that Zaniolo has retaliated when persistently fouled and that he grew frustrated that he wasn't being protected by referees.  But as I said before that's the kind of things that a more sympathetic man manager can address.  I do worry that this new refereeing objective to let the game flow more means that more niggly fouls will go unpunished and that as a result we will see more flare ups in general when players feel they have to take matters into their own hands.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, allani said:

Mourinho was more than happy with him before the contract issue.  Certainly had no issues with him when scoring a hat-trick in the quarter final or scoring the only goal in the final of the Conference League.  He objected to Zaniolo, justifiably, asking for an improvement in his contract to match that of his peers and then, when the new contract was requested, asking about a transfer.  As per usual Mourinho took that as a personal slight and used every opportunity thereafter to criticise a player who less than 3 months before he'd been praising.  Mourinho has form for doing this in the past - multiple times.

Yes - there are concerns that Zaniolo has retaliated when persistently fouled and that he grew frustrated that he wasn't being protected by referees.  But as I said before that's the kind of things that a more sympathetic man manager can address.  I do worry that this new refereeing objective to let the game flow more means that more niggly fouls will go unpunished and that as a result we will see more flare ups in general when players feel they have to take matters into their own hands.

It's definitely an issue in some leagues where talented players are targeted for simply being better. I could be wrong but don't recall this happening a lot in the PL.  He could be better suited to this league because of that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Fair enough, wasn't aware of much of that.

But yeah I'd still think falling out with Mourinho because he was offered out at a large transfer value after he requested a transfer is a bit stupid.

What Mourinho did and what that led to is horrific. But I'd say immediately falling out with Jose Mourinho because you're unhappy at the valuation you've been offered out at after your transfer request is a bit ridiculous.

The rest, fair enough thanks for explaining ...

unlike @duke313 .... I apologize for not reading all 40 pages before airing my opinion. 

I think it was the other way around.  Mourinho took it as a personal slight.  It wasn't the first time and it won't be the last time that Mourinho has disposed of a player because of one small incident that he turns into an Everest style mountain.  I've found very little evidence (other than from people close to Mourinho) that the fall-out was initiated by Zaniolo.

And sorry - I was probably a bit Zaniolo-esque in retaliating! 🙂  Just frustrated that the suspect attitude and if he's that good why is he playing in Turkey has been raised so many times without people digging into the full back story. 🙂  Signing him would definitely be a gamble because he's not really had a full season at the top level for a while.  But he's forced his way back into the Italy squad and could yet become one of their most important players as they go through their rebuilding.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

It's definitely an issue in some leagues where talented players are targeted for simply being better. I could be wrong but don't recall this happening a lot in the PL.  He could be better suited to this league because of that.

I think you are right that PL referees are a bit better at protecting flair players.  However, one of the pieces of advice this year was to let play flow more.  Hopefully that means that they should be looking to play advantage more and then go back and show cards retrospectively - rather than just allowing defenders to get away with more.

37 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Thank you for this. I wasn’t aware of these details. It’s just a little tiring when people are contorting themselves over reasons not to get him on loan. I don’t really know much about him but trust in Unai to know what his squad needs. 

The loan makes a lot of sense.  I don't even think that the fee being discussed would be an issue in terms of financial risk - but obviously from an FFP perspective and the fact that we probably need at least one more signing after the last 5 days than we may have been planning on, the loan works well.

Personally I think that if he has a does well enough to keep his place in the Italy squad then we'd recover most of the transfer fee as one of the Italian teams would be in for him.  If he has a good season and / or forces his way back into the Italy team then we could make a (small) profit.  If he has a really good season then (talent wise) he's easily a £50m player.

It probably sounds like I am a Zaniolo fan-boy (and when he broke into the Roma team that was definitely true).  But I can see the risk here.  I was probably 50/50 about a week ago - could be a brilliant signing, could be another "failed" attacking signing.  I mean ideally you'd want him to have a full and good season in one of the top leagues - but then if you had that his value would likely be double what is being talked about.  I'm probably more 80/20 now - especially with Diaby looking good, as that means we can take a little more time easing him into the team.  Definitely gives us options.  And if he clicks then he'll give us a real goal threat.  I'd certainly expect Ollie to grab a few more goals playing with Diaby and / or Zaniolo - as he should get a few more tap-ins from saves from other shots.

59 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

His treatment of Eva Carneiro was disgraceful. 

• Like 1

Â