Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

47 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

As if Romano is calling Emery up at 10:30pm to get an inside scoop.  So inconsiderate.

He'll be busy watching Newcastle's pre season highlights prepping for the weekend.

Nah, Hibs played tonight. He'll be watching their game 6 times.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

fair enough.

feels a bit strange for Emery to be so....open about possible targets.

Indeed. 

Perhaps this is already pretty close for him to be speaking so directly. Or a very public nudge to try and move along other targets. 

Interesting either way. 

26 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Bit odd if you ask me.

he has been there for the taking all summer and we haven’t gone in for him or he would already be here.

Did the Buendia injury spark this?  I know they’re not like for like, but an attacking player?

5 minutes ago, Thug said:

Did the Buendia injury spark this?  I know they’re not like for like, but an attacking player?

I am not an expert on Zaniolo but my understanding is they are nothing alike....... so how does one spark the other?

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

fair enough.

feels a bit strange for Emery to be so....open about possible targets.

Presume the quotes came from the press conference. They often hold back a story from the pc until late evening and then all release it at once. Press embargo or something?

The quotes are a bit odd though. A coach wouldn’t normally talk about an opposition player, but then didn’t Emery talk about his desire to sign Felix or was that after the window had closed? 

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Was trying to think of some of Ramsey's goals for us...pretty sure he scored v Man. United last season right footed so he's more two footed than SJM is and will hopefully be back in mid September.

Ramsey is right footed, he's just not bad with his left either 😅

• Like 1

5 hours ago, paul514 said:

Bit odd if you ask me.

he has been there for the taking all summer and we haven’t gone in for him or he would already be here.

My assumption is he was one option but maybe not preferred (Torres, Felix may have been higher). 

Or we had a certain budget and needed to see if we could move on others first or didn't know how much we would spend on Diaby etc. 

I always hope we start the window with a huge list of well thought out options. 

• Like 1

There were rumours pre Monchi but I imagine his knowledge of him helped a lot. It’s a loan to buy meaning we that are freeing up funds and seeing if it if works out. It’s a low risk move for someone who clearly has a lot of ability. He brings height, technical attributes and experience across leagues and European competitions. In a squad game, we need good options. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, paul514 said:

Bit odd if you ask me.

I think we had to move players on before moving for another one. I think this is going ahead because we've done that with Naka, Sanson, Ramsey. Plus Buendia injury free's up some space as insurance covers his wages. 

Â