Christmas 2023

sidcow

11 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Do people in England still crack Christmas crackers and wear paper hats at Christmas "lunch?" Will you?

had to explain the concept to some american colleagues the other day. it sounded more and more ridiculous as i went on

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Oh I’m not against them (even though they are massively overpriced tat) I’m just against me having to go out and source them and the inevitable text discussions from the shop about which ones to buy :D 

One of our kids is bringing them this year. Hope they're better than the supermarket crap I usually get. 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, trekka said:

I took my family "Only Fools and Horses" branded Christmas Crackers one year.  They thought they were going to be treated to the Christmas special on DVD.

They were rubbish. 

latest?cb=20110320090147

What a plonker

• Like 1

Finished work last night, have spent today making Bombay potato, curry sauce and hummus. And trying to fix an eBay item I bought as a gift that is probably having to go back 😡

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Finished work last night, have spent today making Bombay potato, curry sauce and hummus. And trying to fix an eBay item I bought as a gift that is probably having to go back 😡

Ebay is no place to buy dildos

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

I can’t figure out what is an acceptable time to have the first beer.

There's an unacceptable time to have a beer? 

Beer is so much more than just a breakfast drink you know. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, tomav84 said:

had to explain the concept to some american colleagues the other day. it sounded more and more ridiculous as i went on

This sort of post and all the duck fat mentions on here remind me of a recent McSweeneys my wife sent me which may or may not be deciperable by British people 😉. I didn't find it that funny, but I think a lot of more intelligent, coastal Americans like my missus find this sort of thing hysterical. ("Did you read it yet?!" she keeps asking me.)

HOW EVERY RECIPE ON THE GREAT BRITISH BAKING SHOW SOUNDS TO US DIE-HARD AMERICAN VIEWERS

INGREDIENTS

• 425 ml of Marley’s Spirit or Dandelion & Burdock Fizz
  • 225 grammes of jellied eel blood (harvested by the muck swallows and mud larks that live under the Thames; if you can’t harvest fresh eel, store-bought is fine)
  • 50 grammes of strong flour
  • 50 grammes of piddling flour
  • 110 grammes of charming foppish stutter
  • 1 ml of dried mayonnaise soaked in Pimms
  • Candied rummy jubblers
  • 225 ml of Posh Spice
  • 110 grammes of London copper saying, “What’s all this then, eh?” (crumbled by hand by a chimney-sweep)
  • 110 grammes of upper lip (stiffened into peaks)
  • Zest of blood sausage
  • 275 ml of bovine spongiform beef suet (In a pinch, Artful Dodger grease will do)
  • A sprinkling of Welsh corgi
  • Sultanas

•  

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 2