Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

The assist to Duran was a pass to Ollie surely? 

Don't really care V4E. He keeps going Diaby, he gives the ball away a lot, but your saw with his burst for the 3rd goal, he can/will be a dangerous player.

Good positive pass from McGinn as well. Only him and Tielemanns try that pass. That might be the issue.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, WooJung said:

If you exclude his finishing, he had a very solid performance, always a threat. Shame he couldn't bury that last one.

It wasn't just his finishing though. He lost it on a few occasions by trying flicks instead of trying to get hold of it, gave up possession far too often in general. A lack of composure all game.

• Like 1

Some of the criticism just seems to be the sake of it and like we must have a scapegoat… he’s been poor at times and earlier this season he was unplayable at times with his interplay with Watkins especially. McGinn is immune and people make excuses for him playing out of position etc - diaby is not used to being number 10 after playing for Leverkusen as a winger but that’s unspoken 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Don't really care V4E. He keeps going Diaby, he gives the ball away a lot, but your saw with his burst for the 3rd goal, he can/will be a dangerous player.

Good positive pass from McGinn as well. Only him and Tielemanns try that pass. That might be the issue.

Yeah I thought he came alive at the right time, drifted in and out of the game but found some energy just when we needed it

I like him and think he will come good, the miss at the end of the first half was poor, the miss at the end of the 2nd half was a better save than Allison will get credit for, he did have some good runs, the goal, the bailey miskick the zaniolo chance 

Think the only thing that really pissed me off was the shite back heel when he should have put bailey through 

He's frustrating but nowhere near as bad as people make out 

Would be easy to put his head down with some shocking misses but kept plugging away. 

Will he ever have the physicality to deal with the prem? Question marks but the attitude is there. 

If anyone can get him clicking, it’s Unai. 

Not having end product is just about the best flaw you could hope for from an attacker in his first season in English football. Movement great, attitude great, works hard, good first touch, drives with the ball. He pretty much has 90% of everything you'd want from him already, along with a decent goal/assist return. Seeing him be so wasteful is of course frustrating as a fan watching football, but a bit of perspective is needed and not let emotions cloud judgement. I'm quietly excited to see Moussa next season. He's already way better than Bailey was in his first 2 seasons.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I thought he made a positive impact tonight. I actually think he was better than Bailey, who started well but then faded away after that brainfart where he took the ball in an offside position just before Diaby got there. Lots to improve still for Moussa. 

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Some of the criticism just seems to be the sake of it and like we must have a scapegoat… he’s been poor at times and earlier this season he was unplayable at times with his interplay with Watkins especially. McGinn is immune and people make excuses for him playing out of position etc - diaby is not used to being number 10 after playing for Leverkusen as a winger but that’s unspoken 

Scapegoat 😂 No, it's not for the sake of it, no idea why you think people would do that for the sake of it? Diaby infuriated me throughout that game. Bailey and McGinn frustrated as well, but nowhere near as often as Diaby.

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

So 6 goals and 8 assists is absolutely shit ? OK

Who said that?

Yes his confidence dropped off and yes he can improve

Everyone can improve.

but he gets unfairly criticised

I said he's been playing shit. And he has. Tonight he was shit again. Why is that unfair?

Not even saying he is no good. His recent performances are!

when others are Teflon.

Ah, so it's that you want people to have a go at others is it? Not just Diaby. Not a problem.

Martinez shouldn't have thrown that one in tonight. That was shit.

Watkins has been poor the last few weeks and isn't playing the same because he's trying to score on his own. It's pissing me off. He was better tonight.

Is that ok now?

• Like 1

I slated him in the match thread, and in the heat of the moment my frustration was matching his lack of composure. Both were wildly over the top.

He wasn't as bad as i felt he was at the time, and he really did create a lot of his own opportunities to then make those mistakes he did.

If we hadn't got a draw i'm not sure I'd be so forgiving, but I'm only human.  And so is Diaby. Need to remember that when we expect perfection.

13 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

How people can have a confused reaction to this is beyond me. He was so wasteful tonight. The assist was extremely lucky, an awful attempt at a pass.

In fairness, he created the opportunity... So it offsets it somewhat I guess.

• Like 1

The lad ran his socks off, created multiple opportunities, was unlucky he didn't score at least one, and caused them big problems in behind which helped create space.

Yes he could have played a better ball or scored but you could say the same about Ollie and Leon today, but all three ran themselves into the ground cos they wanted this so bad.

He didn't half miss some big chances tonight and some of his passing at times was dreadful. The 3-3 has covered what would be a lot worse in here I feel it's okay to admit that. 

Will say he didn't stop running and trying all night can't fault him in that regard. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I think he's good. 

He is!

Just not showing it at the moment. I think we'll see a better player next season.

He's been very shit many times this year.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In fairness, he created the opportunity... So it offsets it somewhat I guess.

It was great play from McGinn and Diaby tbf!

• Like 1

Diaby and McGinn made the third goal by winning the ball deep and making that run. It was still a top class pass whoever he aimed for. An assist will help his confidence.

Â