Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

I can't recall seing a player be that poor for so long. It is literally like playing with 10 men.

Hogan, Samatta, Trezeguet, Bailey are just a few attacking players that spring to mind in recent years.

3 hours ago, duke313 said:

Why? Who would you have started?  Emery said Bailey wasn't 100%, so he went with the same lineuup as Chelsea.

Bailey.

He said after he'd had an issue with his back at Chelsea yeah.

Just now, villan95 said:

Hogan, Samatta, Trezeguet, Bailey are just a few attacking players that spring to mind in recent years.

The first two were never great from the start. Bailey had injury problems when he first came. Trezeguet was no World beater, but he got us to a final and scored a goal that definitely helped us avoid relegation. 

Diaby has been woeful for months and has been a regular in the team, and is our most expensive signing. 

10 minutes ago, WooJung said:

Is it just me thinking that we're doing him no favours by playing him so centrally?

It seems to be exposing all of his weaknesses while exalting none of his strengths.

His heat map for us this season suggest he spends most of his time on the right.  

21 minutes ago, WooJung said:

Is it just me thinking that we're doing him no favours by playing him so centrally?

It seems to be exposing all of his weaknesses while exalting none of his strengths.

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

His heat map for us this season suggest he spends most of his time on the right.  

He was on the right most of last night. Having balls played up to him that Burn dealt with easily. Then when he tried to run on to balls, Burn just elbowed him out the way. No strength, no protection from the ref, no height meant it was pointless him being out wide.

If he got the ball at his feet he might have been able to take Burn on, but he's lost his confidence. The one time he got free of him,  he then pulled the ball backwards into him, instead of shooting. It was a really poor game, but not entirely his fault. 

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I can't recall seing a player be that poor for so long. It is literally like playing with 10 men.

2015/16 season did happen 😝

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

So you haven't been watching long then.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

some maybe. in my case i've been very much proven wrong with both luiz and bailey (i wrote off the pair of them) which is why i'm giving diaby time

..... surely from that form it is better for all of us if you write Diabi off too ?

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Taxahunter said:

Funny how Diaby gets so much support considering how bad he has been for a long period and giving that he played for 65 minutes and was part of the team that was 3-0 down and yet it's Zaniolo people are critizising as the first thing. The guy cost us 50mill and it feels like we are playing with 10 men whenever he is playing...

Spot on. Remember the abuse McGinn was getting. He was nowhere near as poor as Diaby as been. 50 million for performances like that. I honestly think the young lad Wright could have performed better. 

• Like 1

We have 2 issues at the minute that has led to our downturn. The first issue is the absence of Pau Torres. The second is the form of Diaby. We can’t do anything about the first until Torres is fit, but we need to take Diaby out of the firing line at least. His confidence is totally shot and he’s a passenger at the moment. His drop in form is actually affecting Ollie Watkins.

Im not giving up on him, but picking him and hoping he plays himself into some form is going to cost us games and points.

• Like 1

I've not been impressed with this bloke at all.  Even in the early games where he got some goals and assists he didn't strike me as great, just ok.  His decision-making, crossing and passing are generally  woeful and he's too easily dominated and marginalised. 

But Monchi must have seen something in him to so hopefully it's a Bailey/Luiz type situation and he will eventually come good.  For now though we might as well play Kellyman or pretty much anyone else, they could barely be worse.

21 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

He doesn't score, he doesn't beat a man, he doesn't dribble. He is winger ffs!

He is a winger who is being played centrally in a new league and totally out of form right now

Â