Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

This bloke can f*** off too. 

OTT mate, he's clearly a quality player from what we saw in his first 10 games. 

Good players have poor runs of form for difference reasons, especially when settling in a new league and in a team which is clearly low on confidence. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Leeroy said:

Been so disappointing. I was so excited when we signed him but he seem to get worse by the week after a promising start.

I don't think the tactics get the best out of him, but either way he needs to have a long, hard look in the mirror. Bailey showed him up today and must have been wondering why he's been benched given Diaby is anonymous pretty much every time he plays. 

Bailey came on last night and was stuck to the side line out wide, you’d be better comparing Diaby to Zaniolo who came into his position, and look how he did. This is the same position people are saying Ollie needs to do more in. The cut back rather than shooting was completely on him, but it was one decent chance. There was only one other decent chance before bailey came on when Tielemans passed it through to Ollie, and even that wasn’t great. I can’t think of another. Diaby is definitely struggling and has been for ages. I’d like to see him play where bailey did last night for a few games before writing him off, can’t see it happening but. 

2 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Him and Bailey played together at leverkusen and were very effective, we need to use them in the same way here when their both on the pitch, a good time to start is against Sheffield United away, need to start quickly and get a goal otherwise it will become a slog.

in that position he will still have goal scoring opportunities and will be able to have more space. When he plays in this central role and Leon also plays, they get in eachothers way. I think we need to abandon (for now) this attempt to mould him into a player which Dosent naturally suit him 

How were they used together at Leverkusen?

he played well when he was in a free role and with the ball in front of him.

now he is double marked and pushed onto the right, he can't effect play anymore or hold the ball up well.

it is a throw back to how Bailey was.

His confidence is also shot to pieces.

10 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

The clips I've seen of them show them all over the place.  Playing on opposite wings, playing intricate one twos on the same wing, and one finishing off a cross from the other. They looked pretty free-role esque.

Hopefully someone who knows can offer a more informed opinion.

• Like 1

Low on confidence at the moment. But thats hopefully temporary, as others have pointed out, look to Bailey as your inspiriation. Still his first 6 months in the country, club and the division so give him a break. The good thing is we have all seen there is a player there, he is naturally talented and an intelligent person so I back him to shine long term. Not many doing themsleves justice at the moment, maybe he's no different, except he is someone who's position is an easy swap with Zaniolo, Bailey, Ramsey, Cash, Duran, McGinn and Tielemans all players Emery is happy to swap around. 

Edited by thunderball

2 hours ago, Taxahunter said:

Funny how Diaby gets so much support considering how bad he has been for a long period and giving that he played for 65 minutes and was part of the team that was 3-0 down and yet it's Zaniolo people are critizising as the first thing. The guy cost us 50mill and it feels like we are playing with 10 men whenever he is playing...

because we've seen it from diaby a number of times already this season. and also because we've seen how emery can turn around the form of players. it wasn't long ago that the "like playing with 10 men" line was rolled out regularly when bailey was on the pitch so people have learned to cut players a bit of slack now

I get the feeling the same people who are slagging Diaby off are the same people who were saying the same thing about Bailey this time last year. 

Diaby needs time, Emery will find a way to get the best out of him. There is a talent there. No doubt. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Each player occupied a wing and there stats for assists and goals were both amazing….there is some good bundesliga articles from Feb 2021 which has a lot of info on them. I think that’s how they should be used here 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Pointless rising to it. Does it all for effect/attention.

I get that point. But I won’t stop calling it out because it’s even more pathetic if done for effect or attention. We don’t need that sort of rhetoric here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Both were nominally wingers or wide forwards. Diaby, in particular, rarely played in that kind of 10, second striker role that Unai is currently using him. 

In one way, I get it because he is usually a good decision maker when given time and has an eye for a pass. He’s third on the team for expected assists.

But I think Unai underestimated the lack of physicality Diaby has in the premier league. Against the high press, he’s getting bullied and against the low block, his key strength (pace) counts for naught.

42 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I get the feeling the same people who are slagging Diaby off are the same people who were saying the same thing about Bailey this time last year. 

Diaby needs time, Emery will find a way to get the best out of him. There is a talent there. No doubt. 

some maybe. in my case i've been very much proven wrong with both luiz and bailey (i wrote off the pair of them) which is why i'm giving diaby time

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Each player occupied a wing and there stats for assists and goals were both amazing….there is some good bundesliga articles from Feb 2021 which has a lot of info on them. I think that’s how they should be used here 

Bundesliga is a lot more open than PL with lots of space to run into, it's why players like Werner struggled in PL.  I doubt Emery is going to change his system.

Â