Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

He wouid have better if he had stayed on imo. With all the space Bailey had second half he was so wasteful and predictable 

Spurs were running at 150% in first half.  Hard to play against that, just have to weather it and start to play in second half when they are puffing out of their asses.  

Was the one major failure Postcelogolu had at Celtic.  They ran out of steam around 70 mins.  A game of football is 100mins these days and u have to manage your tactics as such

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He wouid have better if he had stayed on imo. With all the space Bailey had second half he was so wasteful and predictable 

Couldn't disagree more.  Thought Bailey was a great sub and had a positive influence in the second half.  Diaby doesn't know what to do with space.  He's all about running in behind and hopefully getting a through ball or a ball over the top.  If he's got the ball and there's anyone in front of him, all he does is turn back.  It's infuriating...  at least Bailey moves forward in that situation.  Diaby ruined two or three really good chances in the 1st 45...  Clearly Unai saw that and decided to yank him, which I think will do Diaby a load of good.  A little kick in the seat of the pants.  Needs to be more of a game breaker.

• Like 3

What's great is the competition for places, Bailey and Zaniolo would be itching to get a game as the s/s. Bailey has been superb this season. Emery is a genius. 

Bournemouth are a low block team so Diaby is needed next weekend.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheLegendOfLeonBailey31 said:

Couldn't disagree more.  Thought Bailey was a great sub and had a positive influence in the second half.  Diaby doesn't know what to do with space.  He's all about running in behind and hopefully getting a through ball or a ball over the top.  If he's got the ball and there's anyone in front of him, all he does is turn back.  It's infuriating...  at least Bailey moves forward in that situation.  Diaby ruined two or three really good chances in the 1st 45...  Clearly Unai saw that and decided to yank him, which I think will do Diaby a load of good.  A little kick in the seat of the pants.  Needs to be more of a game breaker.

Maybe I'm being over harsh but don't you think he's a little frustrating when he's level or ahead of the last man and he keeps cutting back. 

• Like 1

I’m not entirely sure what Unai will do with Diaby. I think he’s best played with someone like Leon who can interchange with him on the right so he can be flexible positionally. But Unai probably thinks that’s a defensive sacrifice. 

When he gets played with Cash, that’s the worst combo as they were often right on top of each other. Diaby will want naturally drift wide where Cash wants to stay. Cash doesn’t want to go infield. 

Hes struggled a lot against the high press building up because opponents know they can roll him. He’s got to get better at that. Buendia, McGinn, and now Youri can play that build up better. Diaby might be better in the final third if we can get there but we struggle building out against a high press with that Diaby/Cash configuration. 

Diaby has not been as impactful in the last few games so he’ll get rotated out and rightly so. But he has quality and I’m sure he’ll he’ll come back firing.

On 23/11/2023 at 23:07, Tomaszk said:

Emery shouting on the training pitch is always funny. Prefer it when it's just surnames though. KONSSAA!

Break came at a good time for Diaby. He'd been sloppy the last few games. Time to kick it up for these big games moose 🫎

🫎 

mooooooose !  🤩

I don't think we play enough to his greatest strength which is his pace. We have him very central at times, trying to take on giant central defenders in a feat of strength.

I think that is the trade off though for the amount of chances he produces for Watkins. 

28 minutes ago, Ponky said:

I don't think we play enough to his greatest strength which is his pace. We have him very central at times, trying to take on giant central defenders in a feat of strength.

I think that is the trade off though for the amount of chances he produces for Watkins. 

The problem you have with him out wide is that his defensive work is not great at all. If we played 4 3 3  you could put McGinn on the right of the 3 in midfield to cover him on the right of the forward line. He is just not doing great at the moment. But it is obvious he will be a massive success for us. 

Â