Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Haven't seen it mentioned in the thread, but Diaby was a youth player at PSG when Emery was in charge, the Don will already be quite familiar with him.

Yep mentioned before, also PSG get 20% of the BL fee.  Added to that not only Don will be familiar with Diaby but Diaby will be familiar with Emery’s way of working somewhat or at least know loads about it being around the club.  Good for settling in and knowing the environment he’s coming to and Emery’s methods of working.

I imagine the add ons are hefty. The low initial fee will be so PSG only get 20% of that. The add ons then all go to Leverkusen I believe.

I imagine a significant chunk will be basic appearance related, so the real fee can basically be assumed to be higher than whatever the base is.

2 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Saw The Guardian suggest he was "previously skeptical" about joining Villa.

I mean, I get it, but with Torres also not looking too enthused, why do we think that is? Weather, club stature, location? Leverkusen is hardly anywhere to right home about I must say.

If you are not a Villa fan I can understand if you were previously skeptical. We hadn't reached a top-half finish since 2011. Players move to further their ambition, win trophies, and earn more money.  Under Emery we can meet this criteria.

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Matthew Cash. 

I was asking because Diaby doesn't do a whole lot of the defensive side. But Cash is a decent defensive fullback, so you'll be grand.

1 minute ago, TheFish said:

I was asking because Diaby doesn't do a whole lot of the defensive side. But Cash is a decent defensive fullback, so you'll be grand.

Still think there's legs in the Wan-Bissaka rumours too 

1 minute ago, skarroki said:

Still think there's legs in the Wan-Bissaka rumours too 

Really? Best defensive fullback in the league. If you sign him to support Diaby, that's really good business. 

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

I’ve been pronouncing it ‘Dee-ARR-bee’, whereas European journalists and commentators pronounce it ‘Dear-BEE’ or ‘Dee-Abby’.

I’m going to call him Moussa.. 🤷‍♂️

Sounds more like Dja-bee 🤔

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hong0311 said:

Sounds more like Dja-bee 🤔

Dja-bee is definitely how I interpret it. Watching stuff on the bundesliga YouTube channel is jarring as the narrator says Deearrbee followed seconds later by a commentator saying dja-bee

Love that video, finding all the players say their names in their native language really interesting until it cuts to Jeremie Frimpomg in a borderline cockney accent "JEREMY FRIM PON"

5 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

It's Dee-a-bee. He's just saying it fast. 

Always feels like the "Di" sound in french sounds more like a J mixed with a D, fast or slow 🤔

If you heard Lucas Digne pronouncing his own name it's more like a 'Djeen' than a 'deen'

1 minute ago, skarroki said:

Dja-bee is definitely how I interpret it. Watching stuff on the bundesliga YouTube channel is jarring as the narrator says Deearrbee followed seconds later by a commentator saying dja-bee

Love that video, finding all the players say their names in their native language really interesting until it cuts to Jeremie Frimpomg in a borderline cockney accent "JEREMY FRIM PON"

I was wondering if Frimpong could be an option for RB? we could just have the Bayer Leverkusen right side 😅

Â