Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

“ so, he wants to go to Saudi does he? Well tell him to pack his bags  and  I’ll drive him there meself Franksie”

You’ll have to Moan to Daz the Spaz, Franksie will be long gone 😟

26 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

If there is any truth that he has a tough decision about us or Saudi I’d rather move on straight away - for a young, ambitious player it should be a complete no-brainer 

I think that’s harsh!  A 24 year old being offered double the money we are offering apparently plus not having to pay tax on that money there but would in the UK.  I don’t think it’s a no brainer personally.  Additionally for us if he does choose us then we know he’s here for the football and to succeed so it’s a test that favours us in understanding him. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Would be hilarous if we were trolling the saudi club to spend more and we have someone else lined up

Double swoop for Mbappe and Neymar 😜

he doesnt quite seem to match the profile of many of the names going to Saudi. Most of them are household names coming to the end of their career - largely for lower transfer fees but larger salaries . I wouldnt really say Diaby is in that category

2 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Gotta be honest, I'd rather we signed Ferran Torres than Diaby. 

If we move a few players on then there’s no reason we couldn’t sign both. Diaby as a pacey winger / forward and Torres as a “second striker” type. Would probably need to see Coutinho moved on first though 

Think the conclusion that players aren’t professional or don’t care about bettering themselves if they choose an option in Saudi Arabia are laughable. While the cynics (majority) in us will see through what the Saudi government are trying do the reality is that they have a vision and will trying to sell players on that vision. 

I imagine any players being approached are being told that they will be the first of dozens/hundreds that will be recruited into the Saudi League. How they’ll be spending millions on state of the art stadiums, facilities, training complexes and how they will be the first beneficiaries of these developments. 

They’ll no doubt be fully briefed on the Vision 2030 plan along with a lot of goals that aren’t published that they hope to achieve - Champions League, huge increase in audience, attracting the worlds best stars. 

The money is a huge factor but I can’t imagine they are being sold on a career move that involves - no ambition, no international future, no trophies, no prestige and just a fat pay check for two years. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

he doesnt quite seem to match the profile of many of the names going to Saudi. Most of them are household names coming to the end of their career - largely for lower transfer fees but larger salaries . I wouldnt really say Diaby is in that category

He's of Malian descent so presumably Muslim which fits some of the criteria that the Saudi teams are looking at. 

5 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Mostly, but they have signed Neves and Milinković-Savić for more than our record transfer.  

2 hours ago, SuperTed said:

Can’t wait for him to sign and have a poor game in a few months, only for people to say that they “wish he’d gone to Saud.”

6F9F09C6-B0DD-4A51-9E8E-747091E929DE.gif.cbc26281e51f390517be304c5e7e2acc.gif

Or when people start saying we should have spent £38m on Barnes instead 

• Haha 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

Wow, he’s a good player but that seems more than I’d be happy to pay, especially if we get Diaby for around £45m 

Depends on your school of thought. I don’t think Barnes will get much better than he is now but you know what you’re getting output wise. Probably 10-13 goals and a few assists. 

Who knows what Diaby brings. It could be more, could be less. We’re paying more for the potential but then he could turn into another Bailey/Buendia. 

I think he’ll go to Saudi anyway.

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Depends on your school of thought. I don’t think Barnes will get much better than he is now but you know what you’re getting output wise. Probably 10-13 goals and a few assists. 

Who knows what Diaby brings. It could be more, could be less. We’re paying more for the potential but then he could turn into another Bailey/Buendia. 

I think he’ll go to Saudi anyway.

Barnes is only a year and half older than Diaby 🤣

Â