Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

4 hours ago, BOF said:

Good. I still don't like the fact that Al Nassr can be used by PIF to artficially push up a price which will end up affecting one of Newcastle's competitors, when the money means nothing to the Saudi club. But ho hum. I guess I'll just have to accept that's how modern football is allowed to work now.

The second collusion between Newcastle and the openly Saudi clubs happens, I will be done. The game'll be done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

They're hypotheticals based on if this tweet is true. Which we think is not.

Well there is little point in getting into a bidding war with the Saudi's and if Diaby can be swayed by money over football considerations (like Neves was), then it looks like this one isn't going to happen. I have been wondering if his club, if not the player, have been stringing this out in the hope that someone else would make a move, if so they may have got their wish. I would like to think the player would put UE's "project" before money, particularly if he had been waiting for a CL qualified club to show interest, we shall see and in the interim we need to look again at our wish list.   

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Mate what the hell are you on about ? They’ve signed a few over the hill players in their last contracts and a few other younger ones.

Killing our sport indeed! 🤣  

Get a grip.

In fairness, he could be referencing them muscling in on Golf, Boxing and so on too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

So we can't have him....its also a thing That Newcastle haven't got to compete against.....The PIF Fund.

You see this is more like it and exactly why Fifa / Uefa need to find a way to intervene here.

The PIF fund, having just bought Newcastle, are now rigging the whole game. We are quite clearly a threat to Newcastle next season in the Premier League with arguably both teams going for a top 5 place. 

On the one hand we get castigated by UEFA for our association with a Portugese team, on the other Newcastles owners run amok in a jumped up league where their owners have not one but four clubs which they are using to "interfere" with Newcastles direct rivals. Taking Diaby off us, Henderson from Liverpool etc etc  whilst I believe also buying and then loaning a player straight away to Newcastle, a player who is on obscene money which Newcastle would never be able to pay due to FFP.

They are basically running amok. Setting up Newcastle by strengthening them whilst in other ways weakening their rivals.

Where are the regulations from the governing bodies to stop this happening?? The whole thing is becoming farcical. It's effectively Man City on steroids.

Immediately Fifa & Uefa should ban them from loaning players to any of their member clubs and from having any rights of any of the clubs they own from entering European competition.

As for Diaby himself, well he'd almost be stupid to refuse the money. Would you?

Footballing reasons maybe something but what is that really going to count for when the whole thing is basically being trashed by corruption? 

World football and the Premier League is fast becoming a farce. Beware Fifa & beware Uefa...... especially beware Premier League!

Edited by danceoftheshamen
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

If we are up to €55m or even just at €50m then the extra bit to get the player Emery wants doesn’t seem a big deal compared to getting a 2nd level player or no player at all.  We would be 95% there and given our history of not taking the next step because of something like this, like the Juninho deal back in the day, I don’t want to do that again.

And Rashica of course.  If only...

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

If we are up to €55m or even just at €50m then the extra bit to get the player Emery wants doesn’t seem a big deal compared to getting a 2nd level player or no player at all.  We would be 95% there and given our history of not taking the next step because of something like this, like the Juninho deal back in the day, I don’t want to do that again.

Yeah I suppose, it just seems like there could be better value elsewhere. But like you say if Emery wants him then so be it!

4 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

In fairness, he could be referencing them muscling in on Golf, Boxing and so on too.

They aren't muscling in on Boxing. They've had a couple of HW fights and a few other slapstick shows over the last couple of years, nothing more. Every major fight this year has been outside Saudi and don't get me started on Fury v Ngannou debacle lol. 

Just now, alreadyexists said:

Yeah I suppose, it just seems like there could be better value elsewhere. But like you say if Emery wants him then so be it!

I think we’ve tried with Williams and Asensio but you start to lose quality the further down the target list you go.  This guy wants to come and seems quality.  I don’t know enough about him to be as excited as yourself but it sounds like a bit extra maybe worthwhile especially after saving money on Tielemans and Torres signings.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Maybe Digne could lend us some money to get the deal over the line.

He's the only person that would turn down a move to Saudi on account of the wages offered.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I think we’ve tried with Williams and Asensio but you start to lose quality the further down the target list you go.  This guy wants to come and seems quality.  I don’t know enough about him to be as excited as yourself but it sounds like a bit extra maybe worthwhile especially after saving money on Tielemans and Torres signings.

From what I’ve seen Diaby looked a hell of a player. It’s a small sample size but I am very excited by the link! 

• Like 1

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

For £45-50mill, I honestly don't think there is a better and/or attainable option than Diaby.

Watch us pay through the nose and he's shit in the PL. Give it a few months people will be crying for Bailey back in the team when Diaby get's squashed by.... probably Ben Mee. 

Just now, avfc1982am said:

Watch us pay through the nose and he's shit in the PL. Give it a few months people will be crying for Bailey back in the team when Diaby get's squashed by.... probably Ben Mee. 

I have taken an instant dislike to you, for some reason. 

Just now, avfc1982am said:

Well, that’s cheered me right up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

I sincerely invite you to stop talking. 

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Maybe we only think he’s worth £30m and this is us already stretching it and willing to push the boat right out to our limit to get him to sign.  

It might also be possible that even if we offer £60m, Saudi will just match that offer as well. 

• Like 1

Â