Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

Just now, Woody1000 said:

It’s going to become the norm now, a Saudi side’s name will be dropped in to either by the selling club to help drive the price up or the media trying to add a bit of drama.

Seems to be the norm nowadays too for the club to get confirmation from the player that they want to join prior to actually agreeing a fee with their club. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Woody1000 said:

Watching/Listening to the Bundesliga videos, it seems his name is pronounced Di-a-by rather than Di-aby. In case you’re wondering, yes I am fun at parties.

The English language is renowned for butchering name pronunciations . The way people pronounce Martinez incorrectly does my head in.

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 1

Just now, gwi1890 said:

The English language is renowned for butchering name pronunciations . The way people pronounce Martinez incorrectly does my head in.

Louis, it's "VAG-NER" not "WAG-NER"

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

PSG's most successful manager and he is seen as a failure. I despise the British media.

And it was the same really at Arsenal look at the money Arteta’s been allowed to spend since Emery’s departure  and he’s also reaping the benefits of players Emery developed and brought through Saliba, Martinelli, Saka and so on.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

PSG's most successful manager and he is seen as a failure. I despise the British media.

That job is a thankless task really, unless you win the Champions League with them you're not going to be viewed as a success so Emery's not alone there.

43 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Hoping this signing will go someway to helping Bailey too but not feeling extremely confident about that. One thing that strikes me from the videos i've seen of Diaby (and Bailey tbf) is that there seems to be loads of space behind the defence in the German league. Not sure if that's due to teams generally playing a high line or losing the ball in transitions more. Don't watch enough of it to know. 

Even the bottom half teams play a high line like we do.

Pretty confident on this. Not sure why we're lowballing them with Bailey type fees but eventually it will be around 45m I suspect.

Helps we're in europe and we also have Kamara here as he knows Deschamps will be watching us a fair bit next season so more visibility to be a regular lock in the France squad.

I don't think he made the World cup squad did he and France had a few injuries upfront.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

This Al Nassr stuff just rings drama bait. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if they put out some PR stuff following the transfer ban and some journalists are using it for clickbait and eating it up 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I don't think he made the World cup squad did he and France had a few injuries upfront.

Correct. He didn't.

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Hoping this signing will go someway to helping Bailey too but not feeling extremely confident about that. One thing that strikes me from the videos i've seen of Diaby (and Bailey tbf) is that there seems to be loads of space behind the defence in the German league. Not sure if that's due to teams generally playing a high line or losing the ball in transitions more. Don't watch enough of it to know. 

It's a mad league alright. In my head 90% of the goals there look like this one he scored last season:

20230714-111612.jpg

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

What’s the correct way?

Just switch the vowels to what they are in other countries across the world. The vowels in Spanish are the same as vowels in Englands neighbouring country Wales ……….. they are also the same in Bantu languages in sub saharan Africa , Portuguese and so on.

Â