Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

1 hour ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

What happened to this bad boy?

image.thumb.jpeg.3726cfe0de93c122872587075be385df.jpeg

Fake, n the barsteward who mocked it up got a kick out of everyone’s reactions and fooling them all…

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Fake, n the barsteward who mocked it up got a kick out of everyone’s reactions and fooling them all…

It's fake but highly likely what we will end up with.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

It's fake but highly likely what we will end up with.

1 hour ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

What happened to this bad boy?

image.thumb.jpeg.3726cfe0de93c122872587075be385df.jpeg

57 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

Personally think that this is what we will end up with 

Forget about it

Edited by Jas10
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

It's sad that the new badge just doesn't look very nice because literally everything else seems like it's going to be so, so cool.

2 hours ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

I like how Heck is doing a slow reveal on social media for young people and a slow reveal on walls for old people.

#onbrand

😂

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I can assure you that I’m moaning because the badge is **** crap. It’s nothing to do with mob mentality 

I actually think people are so bored with the badge stuff that this “new” one will get a much milder reception. People are sick of it so they’ll just accept it. 

If we’d heard nothing and they suddenly unveiled this as the new badge there would be uproar. 

It’s absolutely shit

I agree 100% 

The new badge is very poor, for the variety of reasons mentioned here over 256 pages and elsewhere. 

However it seems that they are squeezing it through the 'process' with minimal changes to design and colour, to bypass true consultation - I can see why they would take this approach, but it seems so shortsighted and half baked.  

Following the discontent in January, they have sat on it and are waiting until (hopefully) UCL is confirmed, to release it, and reduce the backlash.  Its on the walls, undoubtedly on the kit, and its gonna be a lot more difficult to backtrack. 

So Mr Heck thinks he wins, but it could have been such a better rebrand.  He releases a video with Gabby, but who does it fool?  Half statements, "keep the holte" as it is etc etc.  He might have brought in some great increases in revenue, but he is missing so many easy wins with the fans, to really get everything moving 100% in the right direction.

I for one, won't be rushing out to spend my money on anything with this terrible badge.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As annoyed as everyone is, I have a feeling that the full brand kit roll out is going to be very nice in the end.

Maybe not necessarily one element, but how it's all put together.

I hope but I’m in the wait and see category at the moment. Just hope they have some old heads around that makes sure it’s not controversial.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

GNOkm1pXQAACn5Z?format=jpg&name=medium

LcybFZl.png

Dear Mr Heck, 

I don't like your double claret and white border (against a claret shirt?!?)  or the shape of your shield, but it seems YOU have decided, without consulting us............

........but, its not too late to salvage something from this mess.......x

Edited by Ingers
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

TBH this is a tweak to the Lerner ‘shield’ badge rather than a change. The round badge on the shirts this season is a change. Should the club need to consult about this sort of thing? Sometimes it feels as though as fans we expect everything.

Sure, I understand a change like Cardiff City’s (changing the home kit from blue to red and the crest from a bluebird to a red dragon) would expect some consultation. But this doesn’t look much like a radical change in direction that ought to upset anyone, as you are just never going to satisfy everyone, there will always be vocal dissenters. 

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The club have consulted. I don’t really know why people keep going back to this. 

Because they did the opposite to some of the answers :D We voted for a claret and blue badge and ended up with blue and **** yellow again.

The consultation process also just generally leaves a bad taste in the mouth when we were asked leading questions about a new badge they'd already decided on, with no way at all to express "actually mate, we'll keep the one we voted for this time last year".

I suspect you're right that they've done enough to not fall foul of the requirements though, which I think were more designed to prevent a Hull Tigers/Cardiff colour change than to prevent a club going wild in MS Paint for their branding. I do however remain indignant at a "consultation" process that was clearly a box-ticking exercise to arrive at the conclusion they'd already decided - up to and including "consulting" the FCG, pretending there was an opportunity for feedback when the trademark was either already submitted or done so within hours.

Edited by Davkaus

Â