Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That was when he was sin poor form of course

Is ‘Sin poor form’ that he commits a lot of sins or he’s poor at sinning so doesn’t sin enough? 😉

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As a matter of fact, the only reason some of you are digging for absolutely anything to slate the bloke off for us because of the badge and what you perceived as the issue with the redevelopment, nothing more.

Good points made of course my friend. Just highlighting these as they are fundamental,  no?

I am sure we can both agree Mr Steven Gerrard did not know how to cope tactically in the Premier league and,  for example, failed to utilise Leon Bailey properly. That period was a very frustrating one in which we saw the club we support stagnate and go backwards. It was deflating.

In Mr Heck's case, he arrived the year after the club had promised a fresh rebrand. (Parking the round badge) all indicators are that Mr. Heck's own vision of this process is a style reminiscent of the old badge we thought was about to be consigned to the history books. Likewise,  in 2022 we had stunning renders of a redeveloped Villa Park - all done with taste and a nod to the historic aesthetic of the stadium as a traditional four stand affair. This too has been jettisoned as is Mr Heck's perogative and he may well be right.

But to some it feels like the club is making missteps off the field and it has been a bit deflating. 

Everyone just wants the best for Villa and from those who work on the football and non football side  

29 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Has anyone got a mock up of what the badge should look like? We haven't had one of those for a while.

Or have we finally run out of permutations of claret, blue, Aston Villa, and lion?

Still promoting my version for consideration 

IMG_1891.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah, everyone should be excited to have Tom, from Solihull tell them how to do their jobs in passing while abuse is hurled at them by Larry  from Sutton Coldfield.

Some of you have some serious delusions about how people should " engage " especially when they know you don't like them.

As a matter of fact, the only reason some of you are digging for absolutely anything to slate the bloke off for us because of the badge and what you perceived as the issue with the redevelopment, nothing more.

Same with players " mY frIeNds mAtE sAiD hE dEliVeReD mAiL tO lEoN bAiLeYs hOuSe aNd hE wAs a PrIcK " 🤦🏿‍♂️

" I pAy hIS wAgEs aNd hE wOuLnT eVeN gIvE mE a pHoTo "

That was when he was in poor form of course 😂

If we go on an extended bad run and fall to Mid Table Unai Emery's English will also be shit again and his mannerisms and demeanor will turn to " arrogance " and " annoyance "

I would like this a thousand times if I could.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Is this some sort of joke? lion is facing the wrong way for a start…

Wow, you know, that joke is so much funnier now than the first 17 times.

22 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah, everyone should be excited to have Tom, from Solihull tell them how to do their jobs in passing while abuse is hurled at them by Larry  from Sutton Coldfield.

Some of you have some serious delusions about how people should " engage " especially when they know you don't like them.

Same with players " mY frIeNds mAtE sAiD hE dEliVeReD mAiL tO lEoN bAiLeYs hOuSe aNd hE wAs a PrIcK " 🤦🏿‍♂️

" I pAy hIS wAgEs aNd hE wOuLnT eVeN gIvE mE a pHoTo "

That was when he was in poor form of course 😂

If we go on an extended bad run and fall to Mid Table Unai Emery's English will also be shit again and his mannerisms and demeanor will turn to " arrogance " and " annoyance "

Utter drivel. This was in the Directors Club hospitality area where people are a bit more civilised, and simply want to say hello and have a 30 second chat. Christian Purslow was always happy to, as was Pitarch. Heck, never. 

• Like 1

On 09/02/2024 at 11:15, DaveAV1 said:

If there’s anything that stands out that’s different, it’s thst in 1982 to qualify for the premier competition in Europe you had to be the champions of your own country, whereas now to qualify for wheat is ironically called the Champions League you just have to have done quite well either in the league or won a lesser European competition but not actually be Champions of your own country.

Are people still harping on about this? 25+ years after they increased the amount of teams. The old European Cup was a joke. Have you seen some of Liverpool's runs to win it? Beating absolute shit and even a bye. They changed it for the reasons you said, that the UEFA Cup was harder to win (ignoring how you qualify of course) because you had to beat the second best teams in Italy or Spain instead of playing Ferencvaros and Sparta Prague. Increasing the amount of teams in the CL improved it exponentially. It became the elite European competition again. Yes its called the "Champions" League but who gives a ****? Semantic rubbish. UEFA have ballsed up a lot of things in their time but this wasn't one of them.

Edited by R.Bear
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Are people still harping on about this? 25+ years after they increased the amount of teams. The old European Cup was a joke. Have you seen some of Liverpool's runs to win it? Beating absolute shit and even a bye. They changed it for the reasons you said, that the UEFA Cup was harder to win (ignoring how you qualify of course) because you had to beat the second best teams in Italy or Spain instead of playing Ferencvaros and Sparta Prague. Increasing the amount of teams in the CL improved it exponentially. It became the elite European competition again. Yes its called the "Champions" League but who gives a ****? Semantic rubbish. UEFA have ballsed up a lot of things in their time but this wasn't one of them.

I would dare say the “absolute shit” they faced were able to keep hold of their better players than would be able to now. So, say, Anderlecht, were probably on a closer footing to the likes of Liverpool and AC Milan back then than they are now.

Plus, as you say, you had to win the league to be compete. Man Utd supporters I imagine probably consider 1999 as the club’s pinnacle. Well, under the old piss easy way, sorry Fergie, no treble for you.

We should discount all those Madrid wins in the 50’s and 60’s. Sorry Puskás, sorry Di Stéfano, R.Bear thinks your competition were basically as good as the lads from the Dog & Duck.

That being said, I don’t think the new badge needs to wedded to the 1982 win. So I agree on that front.

17 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I would dare say the “absolute shit” they faced were able to keep hold of their better players than would be able to now. So, say, Anderlecht, were probably on a closer footing to the likes of Liverpool and AC Milan back then than they are now.

Plus, as you say, you had to win the league to be compete. Man Utd supporters I imagine probably consider 1999 as the club’s pinnacle. Well, under the old piss easy way, sorry Fergie, no treble for you.

We should discount all those Madrid wins in the 50’s and 60’s. Sorry Puskás, sorry Di Stéfano, R.Bear thinks your competition were basically as good as the lads from the Dog & Duck.

That being said, I don’t think the new badge needs to wedded to the 1982 win. So I agree on that front.

I like how you've completely misinterpreted what I've said to suit your own narrative so trying to "argue" your points will be a waste of time. But I am amused by the 1999 point. "If the rules, werent the rules, then it wouldn't have happened." What a great take!

I was merely pointing out that the changed to the CL were nothing but positive. Villa fans moaning because you had to be champions when we won it is exactly what Liverpool fans used to do, right up until 2005, funnily enough. It changed, its better, much harder to win. Get over it.

Â