Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

12 hours ago, MrBlack said:

A more constructive version of my previous comment...

There's potential here. The detail in the mane is good, the muscular looking chest and arm make him look a imposing.

Think its the angle of the head and the tongue that make it look like he's about to spew. 

Made it look a bit less pukey and stood it up a bit straighter. Something is still not right though, think the proportions are maybe a little too human...

spacer.png

I'll probably leave it there, got work to do.

• Like 1

Just now, Teale's 'tache said:

Made it look a bit less pukey and stood it up a bit straighter. Something is still not right though, think the proportions are maybe a little too human...

spacer.png

You still have your job? 😆

19 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

spacer.png

I think it's the arms mate. The rest looks good to me tbh.

15 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I do, but I'm not as successful as you and your comedy career obviously... 🙄

I was more admiring how you have managed to do all the great designs to share with us in your spare time while all the badge dramas have unfolded.  Apologies if that is not how it came across.  👍🏻

34 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

spacer.png

Left leg looks photoshopped

6 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

I was more admiring how you have managed to do all the great designs to share with us in your spare time while all the badge dramas have unfolded.  Apologies if that is not how it came across.  👍🏻

No problem, I'm a bit sleep-deprived at the moment, apologies for getting the wrong end of the stick on that one.

• Like 1

It's not about the lion really though is it. The new one is good if he faces the right way and is angled forward a bit more. The old one is good with the detail and the colour corrected to stand out from its background. 

We've got a an option to use either in any form we want. 

They just need to get a decent colour balance, and agree a shape to put it inside. 

It shouldn't take this long.

I would guess that it's taking this long because they were not expecting the utter horror that greeted the earlier leak. Hopefully they have spent the intervening period actually doing something about it.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

spacer.png

Now he looks like a gym bro who skips leg day 👀

19 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I would guess that it's taking this long because they were not expecting the utter horror that greeted the earlier leak. Hopefully they have spent the intervening period actually doing something about it.

Could be a blessing in disguise.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Governments leak possible future policy to see how much pushback is generated. It's possible Heck and co. did similar.

IF those who don't like either/or the star and 1874, acknowledge the majority of fans surveyed wanted them, and we acknowledge that the round badge wasn't working as good brand recognition amongst all the other current round badges in top level football, do we think that the recent images showing a gold (not yellow) lion on a shield are decent and at least acceptable?

12 minutes ago, brommy said:

Governments leak possible future policy to see how much pushback is generated. It's possible Heck and co. did similar.

IF those who don't like either/or the star and 1874, acknowledge the majority of fans surveyed wanted them, and we acknowledge that the round badge wasn't working as good brand recognition amongst all the other current round badges in top level football, do we think that the recent images showing a gold (not yellow) lion on a shield are decent and at least acceptable?

I do think the gold is acceptable, but only on a shirt and only with that extra detail.  In digital form it doesn't look like that.

It still can't be shrunk down to a small-sized graphic to use on sky sports or the bbc website and look like anything remotely recognisable.

If they're updating the digital representation as well, it might be improvement, but i'm not convinced.  We are still going to end up with it looking washed out,  having illegible white writing on light blue, and be imbalanced due to all the writing being at the bottom. 

If we are getting rid of our new badge, or even claiming the new badge never was, and therefore we're technically getting rid of our old badge,  we should be getting something that gets the basics right.

It all stems from trying to evolve the Lerner badge, when really it should be binned off. If its going to change, make a change.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, brommy said:

Nope

The majority of fans also wanted primarily a claret and blue badge.  This detailed one is primarily gold and blue, with a bit of claret. We aren’t gold and blue army.  I have other issues with the badge.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 3

Â