Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

16 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Can't blame the fans on this one.

Nope. The fans literally voted on the current, better badge. I was never a massive fan of the round badge but right now I’m utterly desperate for it to remain over the Lerner/Heck shield. 

• Like 3

Hey… how about this?

We’ve got Chelsea in the FA cup 4th round, whoever wins gets the round badge, the loser has to ditch theirs and go with something else!

🤝 

Surely Nas and Wes are aware of the fans anger over these decisions regarding both the crest and ground expansion. 
Hopefully the FA are made aware of Heck’s lies around the FAB consultation and put a stop to this nonsense. 
Fans will turn quickly if there’s a downturn on the pitch.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

FAB have complained to the FA and, according to Jacob, they are involved now.

If he has broken the rules on the necessity for consultation… it won’t happen, it will be blocked.

Depends on the specific criteria I guess…

fans shouldn’t have to nor be forced to accept anything they are not happy with… there are ways to lodge complaints and authorities that can step in and try and resolve issues, especially if established rules are broken or ignored…

This has been covered repeatedly though, the FA signed off on the process before FAB saw the crest. 

Maybe the club change the design now that they've seen the reaction, but there's no point going round in circles on the FA bit

26 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

This has been covered repeatedly though, the FA signed off on the process before FAB saw the crest. 

Maybe the club change the design now that they've seen the reaction, but there's no point going round in circles on the FA bit

Who knows what Heck told the FA. We’ve already established he had lied to the fans so it’s not a reach to suggest that he may have misled the FA. 

Either way the rules are there to protect heritage assets and it’s obvious to a blind dog that this crest won’t be accepted. If he proceeds to try to launch the crest through arrogance there will be a very public and embarrassing reaction from the fanbase - with complaints to the FA - which it’s going to be very, very difficult for him to come back from.

The only realistic option the club has I think considering kit deadlines etc that others have mentioned is to stick with the roundel for another season. If we really can’t live with it then just announce an extended consultation and do it properly and announce it as part of the 150 year celebrations in a far more thoughtful and considered way. Once we have the majority aligned then proceed with the brand refresh. 

• Like 1

Emery understands the fans. He gets the need to have them onside and supporting the team at the match.

Heck would do well to follow Emery' lead on that. As it is, it very much seems like he is taking the "I'm kind of a big deal and I know better than you" approach. Even if he does, he should be respecting the fans rather than lying to them.

Be interesting to see what the FA do. If they approved the approach, they're going to look pretty stupid if they have to backtrack on that (nothing really new there), but if they did it would point to Heck probably having lied to them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Emery understands the fans. He gets the need to have them onside and supporting the team at the match.

Heck would do well to follow Emery' lead on that. As it is, it very much seems like he is taking the "I'm kind of a big deal and I know better than you" approach. Even if he does, he should be respecting the fans rather than lying to them.

Be interesting to see what the FA do. If they approved the approach, they're going to look pretty stupid if they have to backtrack on that (nothing really new there), but if they did it would point to Heck probably having lied to them.

There are certainly significant cultural differences in sport between the UK and the US - most people who watch both will tell you the same.

My hope is that some of the mistakes are down to this. I think its a little early to attribute arrogance when we don't know the full details. No organisation I have ever worked in functioned smoothly on a consistent basis.

12 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

So because Heck lied to the FA about the process, that means it's all ok and the FA won't get involved now they know a bit more of the truth?

11 hours ago, FLVillan said:

Heck has made a rod for his own back by completely misreading two massive club decisions that directly affect us.  He needs to backtrack, fix and apologize, or he needs to leave.

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

it very much seems like he is taking the "I'm kind of a big deal and I know better than you" approach. Even if he does, he should be respecting the fans rather than lying to them.

47 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

I think its a little early to attribute arrogance when we don't know the full details. No organisation I have ever worked in functioned smoothly on a consistent basis.

We all know this is what he does in his previous jobs as well...

https://archive.nytimes.com/goal.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/02/red-bulls-ax-top-executive/

“I don’t think people really comprehend how much damage he’s done in the little time he’s been there,” one team insider said. He added: “He just came off as arrogant and ignorant, and in this business it’s a very bad combination. He was so arrogant, you just couldn’t talk to him. You don’t have to be a 100 percent soccer guy, able to name all the players on Brazil’s 1970 World Cup-winning team, but you have to have a basic understanding of the sport you’re working in. And that was clearly lacking.”

Edited by ender4

Have we started with the childish nicknames yet? Chris Feck etc

The golden era of VT, for me, was when so much creativity was on show, coming up with names like Lamebert and Lamberk.

*chefs kiss*

Â