Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

Just now, ThunderPower_14 said:

You'd have to assume there are some pretty significant crisis meetings going on at the club at the moment.

It's basically a Leeds badge reaction again, and they're getting rightly slammed for the process as well as the result. 

Heck putting a stop to the round badge talked about "not being happy with its impact" and gave the strong impression that a much more comprehensive and well thought out rebrand. To end up with the badge we're about to get is a worst case scenario, it's a downgrade on last season's badge. Surely this isn't "having the impact" Heck wants?

You'd like to think this is the case (the meetings I mean). I just don’t see them not just sticking to their guns and this will be it. 

Only thing I can see it ‘working’ is similar to Liverpool to which this is what we see before games on Sky etc. but the lion, 1874 and the name being “pulled” when on all the shirts. Again, just like Liverpool. it’s beyond the point though. 

7 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Met Chris Heck, new and learning, not responsible for the Lower Grounds - he has stopped Castore and secured a really good deal for next season (kits). He’s still adapting and making (big) mistakes… judge him in a year…

Sorry but he doesn't get this luxury for me. If you're going to come in and make big calls and rip up plans you better make sure you get it right, and so far on the evidence available he hasn't.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What they said about the kits and new partner has really cheered me up 😆

Maybe Heck is not all bad eh? 😆 managed to secure a major deal apparently. No more Castore crap…

Needs to fix his error with badge and learn from his mistakes… sort all of the off-field issues such as poor facilities and prices… a lot of work to be done…

5 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

You simply cannot come into a role, bin a new crest very publicly,  give it all the big talk and then deliver something so monumentally crap and not just crap something the fans (or in Heck speak customers) already hated.

More importantly, you can’t ignore and sideline fans and have no real consultation, break or ignore rules, and force a badge on them… we should at least have a say and opinion.  No one would have wanted or voted for this badge…

It’s all lies… stating that the appeal and popularity of the round badge will be monitored, cancelling it and then forcing this one through without monitoring anything and not even considering what the fans think and have to say on it!!

Disgusted by the “leave it to the professionals” line to FAB… basically “shut up” to the fans…

embarrassing and shameful when this “new badge” (barely warrants that phrase and is inferior to the original) is all they could come up with…

So poor… but hopefully something is being done to remedy this situation now…

FAB haven’t taken this lying down and good on them…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Sorry but he doesn't get this luxury for me. If you're going to come in and make big calls and rip up plans you better make sure you get it right, and so far on the evidence available he hasn't.

Kind of agree… I’m just sharing what they themselves said on the podcast.

Dan didn’t say that btw and pointed out that Heck has a lot to learn and understand - can’t just stride in and do what he did in his previous job or whatever he wants of his own accord…must adapt.

• Like 2

I doubt anything will be done mate. We are stuck with that weak Heck/Lerner yellow on blue badge. He won't back down unless the club itself steps in. And I can't see that.

Mr Heck strikes me as one of these stubborn characters. He must be to take the decisions he has taken. He clearly,  from the FAB threads here, could not care less about Aston Villa fan sentiment.

He also couldn't give a toss about the mayor, the council, the Euro 2028, fans who can't get tickets if he binned our redevelopment. 

Edited by Captain_Townsend

2 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I doubt anything will be done mate. We are stuck with that limp Heck badge. He won't back down unless the club itself steps in. And I can't see that.

Mr Heck strikes me as one of these stubborn characters. He must be to take the decisions he has taken. He clearly,  from the FAB threads here, could not care less about Aston Villa fan sentiment.

He also couldn't give a toss about the mayor, the council, the Euro 2028 hid, fans who can't get tickets if he binned our redevelopment. 

FAB have complained to the FA and, according to Jacob, they are involved now.

If he has broken the rules on the necessity for consultation… it won’t happen, it will be blocked.

Depends on the specific criteria I guess…

fans shouldn’t have to nor be forced to accept anything they are not happy with… there are ways to lodge complaints and authorities that can step in and try and resolve issues, especially if established rules are broken or ignored…

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Maybe Heck is not all bad eh? 😆 managed to secure a major deal apparently. No more Castore crap…

I think this is usually the case with most staff, board and players fans decide to turn into the devil incarnate when they don't like certain decisions, perceived " attitudes " and rumours etc though?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think this is usually the case with most staff, board and playing members fans decide to turn into the devil incarnate when they don't like certain decisions though?

Regardless of that, he can’t just ignore the fans and break rules - it’s not acceptable in any way. Maybe he has failed to understand the specifics of the job and is not adapting or learning quickly enough… he should have done his research and ensured he wouldn’t cause problems and unrest… 

You’re doing a shit job if you can’t keep the fans onside… for the most part. Don’t look down on them or ignore them…

The newer rules have been created for specific reasons and to avoid the failures of the past…

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

FAB have complained to the FA and, according to Jacob, they are involved now.

If he has broken the rules on the necessity for consultation… it won’t happen, it will be blocked.

Depends on the specific criteria I guess…

fans shouldn’t have to nor be forced to accept anything they are not happy with… there are ways to lodge complaints and authorities that can step in and try and resolve issues, especially if established rules are broken or ignored…

Imagine how embarrassing it must kinda be. 

" FA: Erm... Look.... Your badge is shit Villa ... Personally... We don't care...but we are afraid Villa fans might metaphorically burn the place down if you don't do something sharpish " 🤣

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think this is usually the case with most staff, board and players fans decide to turn into the devil incarnate when they don't like certain decisions, perceived " attitudes " and rumours etc though?

I would normally agree but in this case his fingerprints are all over this. We have already established he was appointed mid May and at short notice the launch of the round badge at the Brighton game was cancelled literally days later.

We have the FAB minutes, we have the Lerner mark two crest tradmarked, we have the redevelopment cancelled and we have his amateur announcements of these.

If he had communicated these decisions well at least we could give him that but we can't even give him that!

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Imagine how embarrassing it must kinda be. 

" FA: Erm... Look.... Your badge is shit Villa ... Personally... We don't care...but we are afraid Villa fans might metaphorically burn the place down if you don't do something sharpish " 🤣

It’s embarrassing because fan consultation and involvement is a known necessity and clear rule… these newer rules were created to avoid debacles like the Cardiff and Leeds ones, for example.

The fans have a right to complain and it’s what they’re supposed to do if these rules are being broken, if they are being ignored and sidelined…

Owners and CEO’s can’t have “free abandon”, treat fans like shit, ignore them, rip them off etc. and then bring out lines and lies like “we did this for the fans, the fans are the lifeblood of this club etc” they don’t mean it… but we are… where is any club without their fans??

I know you’re joking but the FA or any other relevant authority wouldn’t respond in any such form or manner… they’d take it very seriously if the rules they put in place are actually being ignored and broken…

Heck and the club look stupid if they don’t have an awareness of this sort of thing and it brings negative attention and exposure too…

I mean, what TF is going on really?

When Unai is smashing it and we’re doing so well on the pitch… why do we have to be so foolish and dysfunctional off of it? Sort it out FFS, we don’t need this crap…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

It’s embarrassing because fan consultation and involvement is a known necessity and clear rule… these newer rules were created to avoid debacles like the Cardiff and Leeds ones, for example.

The fans have a right to complain and it’s what they’re supposed to do if these rules are beinf broken, if they are being ignored and sidelined…

I know you’re joking but the FA or any other relevant authority wouldn’t respond in any such form or manner… they’d take it very seriously if the rules they put in place are actually being ignored and broken…

Heck and the club look stupid if they don’t have an awareness of this sort of thing and it brings negative attention and exposure too…

I mean, what TF is going on really?

When Unai is smashing it and we’re doing so well on the pitch… why do we have to be so foolish and dysfunctional off of it? Sort it out FFS, we don’t need this crap…

Not being funny Jas, and I think I've seen it mentioned before.

However, I genuinely feel one of the reasons we get shite badges and kits are sometimes a combo of " fan elements demands " and restrictions.

As noted, they kinda shot themselves in the foot with the surveys etc.

And as other have said, seemed to try and just shoehorn in as many fan requests as possible.

Either that, or we just choose really shit ( for us ) agencies simply because they are " big name ".

I'm sure there are smaller agencies/designers which would put everything into a project like ours and be honoured.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

However, I genuinely feel one of the reasons we get shite badges and kits are sometimes a combo of " fan elements demands " and restrictions.

And as other have said, seemed to try and just shoehorn in as many fan requests as possible.

Either that, or we just choose really shit ( for us ) agencies simply because they are " big name ".

I'm sure there are smaller agencies/designers which would put everything into a project like ours and be honoured.

I have no idea mate… it’s just a mess that needs sorting out.

I fully agree with FAB and I fully agree with Dan Bardell… the whole badge process(es) have been rubbish and messy… there are so many problems and issues to solve…

We really need to get our act together off the pitch… fans are being treated like shit, poor service, woeful facilities - they can’t even sort the bloody toilets out that are usually overflowing with piss!

Listen to the fans!!! And look after them! We are paying you our hard earned money!

Sad state of affairs… we need to match the kind of level Unai is bringing… asap…

Let’s be the “complete package” as a club and stop pissing about!

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

First process (round badge) - we at least gave the impression that fans were involved… and many got something they liked but maybe not their major preference and not approaching perfect.

Second process - ignore the fans, lie to them… we’re just gonna shift through a shitter version of the Lerner badge. Shut up and take it.

Bravo

Wonderful

👏

• Like 1

Â