Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

Why stop at the drop shadow? We could really push the boundaries and use Comic Sans as well no? Add some faux 3D in there as well, blinking text whenever it's used digitally...

I've just come here to say the same. Get the Papryus typeface in there and it's good to go. 

• Haha 2

The other drawback of the name being at the bottom is it really draws attention to how unsymmetrical it is by having the N to the right of the point.

The more I look at this thing the more I hate it.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I wonder if we'll get a response from the club today - whether you like it or not, this definitely isn't the right way to launch a crest. I'm kinda hoping the club will rush forward their plans and take ownership of the narrative and launch asap.

Consistent with everything else Heck has done at Villa. For a comms guy his PR is dreadful. If the rumour is true then it is a terrible crest, but it might be incorrect. I hope.

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Consistent with everything else Heck has done at Villa. For a comms guy his PR is dreadful. If the rumour is true then it is a terrible crest, but it might be incorrect. I hope.

As stated above they aren't going to file a trademark for a pretend crest. This is our new crest unless they do another U turn (which they should do given the backlash).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chindie said:

It's **** dire

The name of the **** club is a **** afterthought. 

Literally looks like it's been cobbled together with stock shapes on a cheapo design suite.

It's got a **** drop shadow.

And the thing that's made all the Lerner style badges dire at their most fundamental, the colours, are exactly the same as they've been for 17 years.

Diabolical.

What do you think about the monochromatic one mate?

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Now look how much better that is without the star...1,000,000,000% better. 

Yup. Made a rod for their own back by specifically asking "Do you want a star?", "Do you want 1874?".

Regardless of people's preferences, I doubt many would really kick up a fuss if we didn't have 1874 or didn't have a star, but now we've voted and specifically said yes, they've got to cram all this shit in.

As we've seen though, even with those limitations, fans have created several versions that still look better than the mess we've ended up with.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What do you think about the monochromatic one mate?

The monochrome version is the least bad, because it gets rid of some of the fundamental problems with the the colours and the **** shadow, but it still maintains all the other issues - the afterthought name, the horrific spacing and layout, the distinct feeling of it being slapped together on a cheap software package without any artistry to it.

It's irredeemably awful.

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

This is **** beautiful. And I wasn't a massive proponent of the round badge. 

It's literally perfect.

Remember the £ signs under Ellis?  Perhaps we should get a few thousand of these held up at Villa Park! 

So what are we looking at then? 

A fans vs club battle legally as they haven't followed FA procedures? Will they just go ahead and we won't have a leg to stand on? 

This could really sour the atmosphere around the whole club, especially saddening when things are going so well on the pitch at the moment. It was the other way around about a year ago. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

A fans vs club battle legally as they haven't followed FA procedures? Will they just go ahead and we won't have a leg to stand on? 

As far as I know, these rules are completely untested, so we may find out if they've got any teeth or if a rigged survey as a box ticking exercise is all it takes to claim there's been adequate fan consultation.

I am still finding it hard to believe that this is the badge. 

But as much the proposed badge annoys some people, having a round badge in the current or 82 template annoys me.... It's just so alike to so many crests throughout the league and the comparison to Chelsea's will forever be there whether we had it first etc etc or not. 

I totally agree with the change..not sure whether the supposed new one is the way to go. But it's defo more unique than the current. 

1 hour ago, mykeyb said:

I didn’t really expect universal approval of any new crest on here in the same way that every year when the new kits are revealed there are posts from people saying worst kit ever…….but on this occasion I am firmly in the “WTF” camp. From someone who has worked in design and print I am genuinely gobsmacked at how poor this is. As others have stated, the colours don’t work, why put Aston Villa at the bottom of the badge and not at the top, why have they tried to squeeze 1874 onto it……

How much have the club paid for this utterly amateur redesign.

It's exactly how we ended up with the Lerner badge

The fans think they want the year on there. Stick it on.
They want the name on there in full. Stick it on.
They want a yellow lion. Stick it on.
They want a star. Stick it on.
They want a shield. Bang it all on a shield.
Finished

Does it actually look good? Doesn't matter. It's what the fans think they want.

Shoving a load of stuff that scored high on a survey doesn't necessarily mean it'll look good. You still need some professionals to incorporate elements into something that looks good. And that part doesn't seem like it's happened.

Like the round badge or not, it at least looks like it's been done by a company who know what they're doing. This Heck badge looks like something he's done himself on MS Paint

• Like 1

Â