Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

There is a reason we are using the AVFC badge in official graphics because when the round badge is minaturised you can't tell it is villa. Simple as. 

Give me either the gaslamp shape (would be massively preferred) or our normal shield, with the new Lion, Aston Villa instead of AVFC and no star please. 

The bolded bit is true unfortunately. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

There is a reason we are using the AVFC badge in official graphics because when the round badge is minaturised you can't tell it is villa. Simple as. 

I'm sure Leicester, Man City, Brighton and Chelsea fans often put on the wrong kit because they can't tell their clubs apart. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The bolded bit is true unfortunately. 

I don’t agree:

image.thumb.png.fdd7e231907d8b266628765a1272c1a0.png

unless the viewer is colour blind, it is instantly recognisable.

Speaking of miniaturised, that’s when the new badge looks its worst. It looks like it’s had its head chopped off:

spacer.png

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Spoony said:

The shadow. The **** shadow. I think it might be the worst badge in the league 

Not that I want any shadows on the badge at all but why does the lion have a shadow but the star and text doesn't? It makes it look like the lion is floating over the badge.

Edited by Deano & Dalian's Umbrella
  • Like 1

They could legit just put a blue background on this and it's fine imo.

With some external gold piping on the inner border?

That's what is frustrating about the full colour one, it's such an easy fix.

AGAIN, I'm going to wait and see what they role out.

There must be a method to the " madness "🙏🏽

20240104_023832.jpg

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I'm sure Leicester, Man City, Brighton and Chelsea fans often put on the wrong kit because they can't tell their clubs apart. 

Our current team is better than I thought.

We've beaten Man City, Brighton and Chelsea this season all while not being able to tell the difference between our Club crest and theirs!

If all the clickbait Chelsea trolling put them off the Purslow badge anybody else notice it all died down very quickly? They should have held their nerve.

Imagine there will be renewed piss taking when this is revealed.

Edited by Captain_Townsend

58 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

He said it is his "understanding". I asked ChatGPT 3.5 while not the oracle of Delphi did indicate that elements of a mark can be trademarked.

Don't bring him up, people are angry enough in this thread as it is.

• Haha 4

It's **** dire

The name of the **** club is a **** afterthought. 

Literally looks like it's been cobbled together with stock shapes on a cheapo design suite.

It's got a **** drop shadow.

And the thing that's made all the Lerner style badges dire at their most fundamental, the colours, are exactly the same as they've been for 17 years.

Diabolical.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The response to this on social media and here is incredibly negative.

Pete from the Holy Trinity Show thinks it is complete trash, to the extent that he literally doesn't believe it's real. He's not a superstar but he's fairly big these days. (I saw someone watching his United video in Spoons in Sutton last week!)

I know online audience isn't necessarily representative, but I'd be amazed if Heck and Co. don't notice all this. Who knows if they reconsider, but I think the badge being rubbish will absolutely become a talking point now.

Edited by jayEm
  • Like 1

What really baffles me is that Heck posted this as "#OnBrand" and so far:

• The claret doesn't match
  • The gold doesn't match
  • The blue doesn't match
  • The font doesn't match (Thank God)
  • The colour % mix doesn't match
  • The order of the colours doesn't match (Blue border, Claret background, that actually will have solved the biggest issue of the Lerner badge)

What exactly about this is On Brand? 

If this is the Master Brand?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

Cause you can't tell who it is at a glance. It looks like an off colour Chelsea badge. That's bad for your brand. 

I’ll live with the chance that at a glance on its own someone MIGHT confuse it with another clubs badge. I mean nevermind we voted for it and nevermind it’s always going to be with claret and blue colours.

better change all the clubs names from city, town, Utd etc too bad for the brand 🙄

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

What really baffles me is that Heck posted this as "#OnBrand" and so far:

• The claret doesn't match
  • The gold doesn't match
  • The blue doesn't match
  • The font doesn't match (Thank God)
  • The colour % mix doesn't match
  • The order of the colours doesn't match (Blue border, Claret background, that actually will have solved the biggest issue of the Lerner badge)

What exactly about this is On Brand? 

If this is the Master Brand?

He meant unbrand.

6 minutes ago, jayEm said:

The response to this on social media and here is incredibly negative.

Pete from the Holy Trinity Show thinks it is complete trash, to the extent that he literally doesn't believe it's real. He's not a superstar but he's fairly big these days. (I saw someone watching his United video in Spoons in Sutton last week!)

I know online audience isn't necessarily representative, but I'd be amazed if Heck and Co. don't notice all this. Who knows if they reconsider, but I think the badge being rubbish will absolutely become a talking point now.

Someone did point out the other day that the demographic of this website and also the fans groups is mostly middle aged-ish men. I’d be intrigued to know what the 25 and under Villa demographic thinks. 

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I’ll live with the chance that at a glance on its own someone MIGHT confuse it with another clubs badge. I mean nevermind we voted for it and nevermind it’s always going to be with claret and blue colours.

better change all the clubs names from city, town, Utd etc too bad for the brand 🙄

Well said. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It's **** dire

The name of the **** club is a **** afterthought. 

Literally looks like it's been cobbled together with stock shapes on a cheapo design suite.

It's got a **** drop shadow.

And the thing that's made all the Lerner style badges dire at their most fundamental, the colours, are exactly the same as they've been for 17 years.

Diabolical.

Drop shadow :crylaugh:

I hadn't even noticed. Why isn't that on the monochrome ones? That's not very consistent.

It is so so bad.

Man, if Emery starts struggling on the pitch, I don't think Heck is prepared at all for the shitstorm he's getting.

Â