Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

49 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I have no idea. 

Maybe to make a point about the old CEO? Stop something that was his baby?

It would just seem weird to me to be so against the round badge that you’re willing to throw the baby out with the bath water only to go for something really tame.

Doesnt make sense to me

With respect mate, you haven't seen it yet.

Don't listen to MOMS. 

14 hours ago, est1874 said:

With respect mate, you haven't seen it yet.

Don't listen to MOMS. 

I know I haven’t seen it yet. I was commenting on the rumour that it’s similar to the Lerner badge 

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I know I haven’t seen it yet. I was commenting on the rumour that it’s similar to the Lerner badge 

I know, but that's a very subjective statement. Similar how? Shape? Lion? Colours? 

To someone who wanted a circular badge, it might look more like the old crest than they'd like. That doesn't mean it closely resembles the Lerner badge really.

5 hours ago, est1874 said:

I know, but that's a very subjective statement. Similar how? Shape? Lion? Colours? 

To someone who wanted a circular badge, it might look more like the old crest than they'd like. That doesn't mean it closely resembles the Lerner badge really.

I don’t know. I was commenting on the rumour that it’s similar to the Lerner badge. That’s all

As soon as he does something that most people like, the sun will shine out of his arse and all will be forgiven.

Can we just be balanced and wait for the results of his labour before judging whether he's shit at this job or he's completely wonderful? We know precious little yet, he's basically neutral, but we've got people here saying he hasn't a clue what he's doing. Fecking daft.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

The current circle badge is on a strange journey - it was selected through a really thorough consultation; it was what fans wanted and when it first appeared, people seemed to love it - but then quite quickly just like it.

Then the club cut it off at the knees and would have stopped it completely but it was already on the kits and people started to get a bit confused and wanted other things like a solo 'lion and 1874' which they didn't realise were actually part of the suite of things they would have been getting with the new badge and a rumbling of dissatisfaction appeared.

Meanwhile the shield continued to be used in lots of places and when the opportunity to get a new badge emerged a growing feeling of a lack of attachment to the new round badge came with that and the excitement of newer and better had it's say.

As a half used badge, becoming symbolic of a peculiar and specific sort of disorganisation that initial liking for the round badge faded quickly to an indifference, which itself was then slightly undermined by the success we were having with it on the field - and now, with a new crest on the horizon and the realisation that it will most likely resemble a new iteration of a crest that was never really popular, we have this upswing in support for the round badge as a defence against potential (but unseen) mediocrity. 

It's quite an arc considering it's only been around for seven months - I wonder how we'll look back on this badge in ten or twenty years time, I wonder how long it will be before the clamour to bring it back starts to kick in?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The current circle badge is on a strange journey - it was selected through a really thorough consultation; it was what fans wanted and when it first appeared, people seemed to love it - but then quite quickly just like it.

Then the club cut it off at the knees and would have stopped it completely but it was already on the kits and people started to get a bit confused and wanted other things like a solo 'lion and 1874' which they didn't realise were actually part of the suite of things they would have been getting with the new badge and a rumbling of dissatisfaction appeared.

Meanwhile the shield continued to be used in lots of places and when the opportunity to get a new badge emerged a growing feeling of a lack of attachment to the new round badge came with that and the excitement of newer and better had it's say.

As a half used badge, becoming symbolic of a peculiar and specific sort of disorganisation that initial liking for the round badge faded quickly to an indifference, which itself was then slightly undermined by the success we were having with it on the field - and now, with a new crest on the horizon and the realisation that it will most likely resemble a new iteration of a crest that was never really popular, we have this upswing in support for the round badge as a defence against potential (but unseen) mediocrity. 

It's quite an arc considering it's only been around for seven months - I wonder how we'll look back on this badge in ten or twenty years time, I wonder how long it will be before the clamour to bring it back starts to kick in?

Nothing has changed for me I wanted a round badge.  The star I don't care for and the forward facing lion I have now got used to.

It helps we are a bloody good team for sure but the badge on the shirts is 100 times better than the Lerner effort.  So this concerns me we are opting to update to a newer version of that.

Any similarities with Chelsea do not concern me.  We are The Lions they are the Pensioners.

Whatever Heck comes up with I hope we get the choice of sticking v new.

If new is amazing as he says I am sure I would vote for it and many other round badge fans.

• Like 3

Agree I think the new badge is really solid. 

I imagine it will become a cult favourite in years to come (not least if we win the league... 😉). 

I don't understand why we're junking it but I hope Heck knows what he's doing. 

We had a good CEO in Purslow (when he stayed away from football decisions). It feels like Heck is trying to mark his territory by ceasing all his predecessors projects. 

• Like 1

Both West Ham  and Burnley (along with tons of other clubs) use the shield badge and they both play in similar colours to us so if the aim is to not look like other clubs I'm not sure it's any better than the round one looking a bit like Chelsea.

Feels like change for the sake of change. But I guess we'll know once Heck shows it off on TicTok or Myspace.

I know a lot of people are torn on the shield/round badge shape but for me that’s a secondary concern. 

For me the focus should have always been on the lion itself. For too long we’ve had a wimpy looking lion on our badge and that’s where the creative force needs to be spent. We a period of our history we had what looked like a bear on our crest!

A modern take on a rampant lion, similar to the old Peugeot logo or go back to a more traditional heraldic design is what is need IMHO. 

The current lion is a bit pants. 

• Like 1

I’ll hold my hands up as I’m as fickle as any fan - I didn’t particularly like the round crest and thought it looked garbage on the kit. But having seen it on the table and around some social media I think it does pop a bit now. The distinctive claret and blue in and around the reds and blues of the dominant teams stands out.

So for me it can stay provided we are always in and around City, Arsenal and Liverpool in the table. Not much to ask 😆 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don’t know anybody that loved it that only likes it now, in fact the love for it just kept growing with no dip.  Seeing it on the kit and  some other things, I’ve only found those that were against it at least like it, if not love it.  Only on this forum have I found some that don’t like the round badge.  I’ve not seen this arc you mention.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

Wanted the gaslamp before as it was different and had a better lion, but both designs were "ok". They both lacked vibrancy though, and the colours were missing some gold, and the balance seemed wrong.

I posted these reworked versions when they first came out,  but the gas lamp one has too much gold/yellow, so i'd revise it if i could be bothered. reworkedvilla.thumb.png.a18d42f955069adf91f165025cfa104d.png

Overall, I'm glad we're getting rid of the circle, it's too boring and too samey when you look at what else is out there. 

Just got to hope Heck does a better job than he did with the illegible 150 mark.

• Like 1

I think that anything new needs some time to settle with a fanbase.

The round badge for me was initially not right, I didn't like the lion facing to the right and wasn't sure the colour scheme was bright enough to stand out. I've now gotten used to the lion and think the badge looks very good within the PL lineup - possibly because I'm constantly looking at it in 3rd place in the league!

The other thing that has made it look worse than it could have been is the monochrome version of the badge on the training kit. It looks so much better in the below picture, but the problem they have is the lion is then not in colour.

I think it's a shame to move away from it so soon - and perhaps if we led with this throughout the club rather than holding onto the old crest, it would have been accepted even more.

Aston-Villa-FC-2.webp

3b759eb865c7dd8b57689295f778d2dd.jpeg

Edited by wilko154

Â