Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

35 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Make the A more like an A, the V more like a V and it becomes clearer. The 1 into the 5 needs tidying up but limited with what I can do on my phone.

Do they not just run it past people first 🤷‍♂️? And assuming they do, do they not get comments like they did from us?

image5.png

I think it might be one of those things where once you KNOW it says AV150 then it looks much better.

That's not a defence of it by the way. It absolutely should be tested on fresh eyes. Just looking for an explanation

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

It's not the best 😕 

You're being kind. If I wanted to also be kind I would say that they got the colours right, nice shade of Claret, Blue and proper gold colour not the horrible yellow we've been inflicted with repeatedly. 

Is there a reason I’ve missed why this is still being discussed in here and not the 150th anniversary logo thread?

Regardless of the 150th badge/logo/whatever the **** it is, I’m still fairly hopeful the new badge proper will be satisfactory.

Although whether it’s going to be good enough to make all this pissing about worthwhile is another matter.

11 minutes ago, burchy said:

Was bored at work this afternoon.

IMG_2100.jpeg.050dd58363aab4e5c37cb4fd480ed940.jpeg

I like the gas lamp crown with the flame, nice touch. Nothing to dislike here :)

Preferences:

The lion facing east, especially in our 150 anniversary year
"Football Club" is unnecessary
I would take Estd out and put the 1874 at the bottom

Anyway ... I would be happy with it as it is

Edited by fruitvilla
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, burchy said:

Nice

Though you've been a bit literal for our new image direction. Change the font so that it possibly reads Austin Allegro Fanny Pack and make the Lion look like a roadkill weasel and you're onto a real winner

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

The way you've included the lamp is excellent 👌

I agree, people have been talking about how a round badge makes us look like other clubs, but the lamp is unique. Changes the profile of the circle, and provides a focal point.

You know after sleeping on it I think this is the best badge design, including the official ones, that I've ever seen. 

• Like 1

It's a great concept, you could also put the star in the lamp if one was so inclined. My god, it even has a watermark.

There's too much text and I'm not a fan of the font, but the colour arrangement (blue borders, mostly claret, gold lion and lettering) is exactly how I would do it.

11 hours ago, burchy said:

11 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

I like the gas lamp crown with the flame, nice touch. Nothing to dislike here :)

Preferences:

The lion facing east, especially in our 150 anniversary year
"Football Club" is unnecessary
I would take Estd out and put the 1874 at the bottom

Anyway ... I would be happy with it as it is

I agree with the "less writing" aspect. Lion can stay facing as is.

Otherwise also agree with what others have said, it's a great design and the incorporation of the gas lamp is perfect.

12 hours ago, burchy said:

• Get rid of the escalated sexually transmitted disease bit because that's what it will get called or something similar.
  • 18 on one side 74 the other.
  • Reduce the lion size slightly as it looks cramped.
  • Change the lion colour to gold to match the writing

I think you'd have a great design then. Love the gas lamp ref too.  

Â