Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

8 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

If it were my responsibility I'd get one of the 1982 shirts out to a company called CSI in North Carolina. They're like Pantone but create bespoke codes AND create the dye recipe for cotton and polyester.

From there, I'd use this new reference to generate the new set of hex codes and whatever else was needed. Pantone is fine for a reference, but it's not infinite so if they don't have "our claret" then it's never going to work.

I would say, as somebody who works with colour on screens, that it's more important to get the fashion/kits colour correct first, and then get the print colour to match as closely as possible, and then screens are probably bottom in terms of importance when it comes to colour. This is because there are so many different types of screens with all kinds of different settings that can and are often changed, so no matter what colour you set everybody will be seeing a slightly different colour anyway due to the sheer number of variables at play.

Obviously, you'd still try and match it as best as possible, and then be consistent when using it, but the colour should not start from somebody picking it on a screen in my opinion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Sadly the majority won't let go of having a star

It's bizarre. It's small time and looks terrible. Don't see man utd or Chelsea or city do it. Just forest because they are small time. We aren't. 

• Like 3

On 13/11/2023 at 10:19, villa82 said:

Skjermbilde 2023–10–28 kl. 15.12.52.png

when i look at that - with the broadness of the top wording and the tapering at he bottom i see the rough shape of a gas lamp as the overall outline of the badge as a whole.

Wonder if that is deliberate or i'm just tripping

Edited by TheMelvillan
actually ive just looked again and its actually more of a lightbulb. ignore me
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I would say, as somebody who works with colour on screens, that it's more important to get the fashion/kits colour correct first, and then get the print colour to match as closely as possible, and then screens are probably bottom in terms of importance when it comes to colour. This is because there are so many different types of screens with all kinds of different settings that can and are often changed, so no matter what colour you set everybody will be seeing a slightly different colour anyway due to the sheer number of variables at play.

Obviously, you'd still try and match it as best as possible, and then be consistent when using it, but the colour should not start from somebody picking it on a screen in my opinion.

I guess to put it in a broader context, how did we arrive at the official claret colour we have now: Pantone: PMS 222 C / Hex Color: #670E36 / RGB: 103, 14, 54 / CMYK: 41, 99, 55, 45? Does this deviate from our 'classic' (← through world domination!) claret from 1982 much, or by such a minuscule degree it's barely worth mentioning?

10 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

I guess to put it in a broader context, how did we arrive at the official claret colour we have now: Pantone: PMS 222 C / Hex Color: #670E36 / RGB: 103, 14, 54 / CMYK: 41, 99, 55, 45? Does this deviate from our 'classic' (← through world domination!) claret from 1982 much, or by such a minuscule degree it's barely worth mentioning?

It's difficult to say really, all I know is we've used several different shades across the years, from almost purple to almost red and everything inbetween. As mentioned previously sometimes it can simply be the fabric we are using in the strips on any given year will show the colour differently to other years, or from print/screen point of views every time we swap design company they seem to want to change the colour.

Much like the crest we've never really settled and stuck to very specific shades, even the blue has changed multiple times.

It's all part of why we have such a poor brand, with logos/crests and colours constantly changing its impossible to have any consistency in what we do.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, villa89 said:

It's bizarre. It's small time and looks terrible. Don't see man utd or Chelsea or city do it. Just forest because they are small time. We aren't. 

I don't mind having it in theory, but the way we've incorporated it so far has been awful. It looks like it's just chucked on there as an afterthought

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, useless said:

I've spotted new lion hidden amongst the green mist, I can't copy and paste it, but it's on the official website on the main page if you look just above Diego Carlos' right shoulder.

Nah that’s just what Jemma put together.  She’s our outsourced artist that does similar things for many clubs and sports.

Edited by nick76

• 2 weeks later...
Â