Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

Heck : Item six on the agenda, the Meaning of Life. Now VillaTalk, you've had some thoughts on this.

VillaTalk: That's right, yeah. I've had a team working on this over the past few weeks, and what we've come up with can be reduced to two fundamental concepts. One, people are not wearing enough sportsbranded products. Two, matter is energy. In the Universe there are many energy fields which we cannot normally perceive. Some energies have a spiritual source which act upon a person’s soul. However, this soul does not exist ab initio as orthodox Christianity teaches; it has to be brought into existence by a process of guided self-observation. However, this is rarely achieved owing to man's unique ability to be distracted from spiritual matters by everyday trivia.

[Pause]

Heck: What was that about sportsbranded products?

I like the star.It reminds everyone that this club has reached the pinnacle of the game.

The only people that it bothers are from clubs without such a history.

All I would like is for it to stay on the outside of the badge.I think it’s classier there.

• Like 2

Fans shouldn't have any say whatsoever, otherwise will end up with something looking really terrible, like the kind of badge you'd see on off brand Villa jerseys, or as a logo on someone's podcast/blog. if we want something really cool, innovative, and edgy then leave it to the experts, the real experts.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

I voted against the star.

But I don't have an issue with it really, I just hate the way they keep incorporating it.

At least make it central ffs. It looks like it's been accidentally dropped onto the badge half the time

• Like 1

On 04/10/2023 at 13:30, Teale's 'tache said:

Also, been messing around with the current/old crest shape...

spacer.png

Still the best designs in this thread. I'll be really disappointed if the new badge doesn't have a gold or yellow lion, but they can rescue that decision by going with something like the one on the right.

Honestly though that left design is absolutely beautiful.

7 minutes ago, jayEm said:

Still the best designs in this thread. I'll be really disappointed if the new badge doesn't have a gold or yellow lion, but they can rescue that decision by going with something like the one on the right.

Honestly though that left design is absolutely beautiful.

I really don’t like them, no offence @Teale's 'tache just my opinion I suppose 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Just to highlight how subjective the designs are...

I love 90% of @Teale's 'tache's stuff, to the point i added a link to one his designs in my response to the survey. But those ones I do not like.

I mean, I'd be ok if they were the badge, kind of like I am with the current one,  but they don't scream the ever lasting legacy that we want to create to me and I would feel it was yet another opportunity missed. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

We employed one before. And their hands were tied to a brief the fans dicated 

i think maybe we're at crossed purposes - i was asking the question who was it that decided we wanted something cool, innovative and edgy?

Designers need rules, a brief - fans are as good a place as any for those things - they also need the freedom to design within that brief - but cool, innovative and edgy are words that in my opinion will get you an abomination of a badge.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, useless said:

Fans shouldn't have any say whatsoever, otherwise will end up with something looking really terrible, like the kind of badge you'd see on off brand Villa jerseys, or as a logo on someone's podcast/blog. if we want something really cool, innovative, and edgy then leave it to the experts, the real experts.

Yeah like the kit designs which are regularly crap….those experts really do well 🙄

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

i think maybe we're at crossed purposes - i was asking the question who was it that decided we wanted something cool, innovative and edgy?

Designers need rules, a brief - fans are as good a place as any for those things - they also need the freedom to design within that brief - but cool, innovative and edgy are words that in my opinion will get you an abomination of a badge.

Can’t there be a middle ground.  With the vast fan base, surely there are professional designers that are hardcore Villa fans.  Like those Luke shirts which most Villa fans seemed to like, is there professional designers out there that are hardcore Villa fans that could work with the club to get options to get to a second stage, whatever that may be, rather than designers who don’t have any connection with the club and produce something we dislike or have no connection with.

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Completely valid, and the like reactions to your comment vs. mine are really insightful!

Though I do feel these designs have a professionality to them that most designs on here and on Twitter lack.

Edited by jayEm
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Can’t there be a middle ground.  With the vast fan base, surely there are professional designers that are hardcore Villa fans.  Like those Luke shirts which most Villa fans seemed to like, is there professional designers out there that are hardcore Villa fans that could work with the club to get options to get to a second stage, whatever that may be, rather than designers who don’t have any connection with the club and produce something we dislike or have no connection with.

i'm not sure the guys from Fanatics that designed those shirts were Villa fans.

I get your point though, I'll be really surprised if Heck doesn't go with Mother Design.

• Thanks 1

Â