Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

22 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Anyone notice in the new articles referencing the Stand and Stadium redesign they are also already using the Shield on buildings?

Or are these just outdated photos from the original designs?

I think it's a legacy or when the designs were created. We had the old shield crest then and the new badge was just a twinkle in Purslow's eye.

Given they don't know what the new one will look like and the circle badge isn't staying, no point paying the 3d renderers any money to update the video 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Is there even one design in this thread that everyone likes? 😆

A much smaller group that can’t agree on anything here, so how can the club appease the majority of the whole fanbase?

Need to come up with their own, professional designs. Rather than design based on and influenced by fan opinion - it’s too limited and restricting doing it that way.

Fans can discuss and vote on those designs later… before a final choice is made.

We need more of a choice than last time too… more of a difference if we are going to choose or vote on designs.

OK then:

- Thundercats lion head with a star for the eye

- Blue on yellow background with various sound waves and local authority  boundaries worked into it

- AVFC above and Aston Villa below (claret letters, two different fonts)

- Extra star for the Intertoto Cup

- Hexagonal

• Like 2

1 minute ago, one_ian_taylor said:

OK then:

- Blue on yellow background with various sound waves and local authority  boundaries worked into it

- Hexagonal

What about a QR code that takes you to a page with badge submissions from Villa supporters, that way everyone is included.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, villaajax said:

What about a QR code that takes you to a page with badge submissions from Villa supporters, that way everyone is included.

Or, a QR code which takes people to the Rashica thread here on VT, so others can see the best of the posters on here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Dont see why we cant just ask Castore to do a badge redesign for us

They can hold a vote but only for those with seats in the Terrace View area and who has an away ticket for  Chelsea away this season. 

4 hours ago, Spoony said:

This is why I think just lion and Aston Villa and leave it at that. Even those that don’t want it can’t be THAT annoyed. 

There are issues with the way you can use this I think - building a patch that you sew onto a shirt is a whole lot easier than embroidering one on - I think it's unlikely we'll see the club go with the Lion on its own as the crest, simply because it's difficult 9and expensive) to make - to make it look good like it does on the blazers, you'd need to embroider it. I think we'll use the lion on its own in places, much like we do at the moment, but that we'll have him as part of a shield for the shirts. Again, for me the important thing is creating a set of things with the same design principles that can then be combined and used in different ways and settings.

1 hour ago, villaajax said:

Excellent idea - also a way of bringing the checks from the Lerner era. Come to think of it, 4 of the  6 sides of the hexagon could be made up with Proud History,  Bright Future. Just need two more words for the other sides - fish, obviously, then take your pick from tits or gravy 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 479Villan said:

That "strip away the rest of the badge and leave some signature element as the lone symbol" doesn't work for everybody, and I don't know if the current lion (either of them) would fit that bill, just not around long enough to resonate.

Everton's 3rd kit this year is a prime example. This doesn't scream "Prince Rupert's Castle" as much as "Crayon nub sitting on notebook paper."Everton3rd.thumb.jpg.c8edc27030111c2f81fb00b2007d7b96.jpg

Hang on,  is that an actual  badge on a shirt? It's very W1A

8 hours ago, Davkaus said:

More realistically the results of this survey may as well be filed directly into the bin because it seems they know what they want, and this is a complete waste of everyone's time

Thing is, what's the alternative: ask the fans again just as before. They obviously feel that didn't work, so why not try with a more single minded approach.

I mentioned it in jest before, but I think they really will get such an array of replies that it will leave the field pretty open to having the star or not, what ratio of colours we use, and there'll be enough backing for a shield to return.

I voted for no preference on question 7, but really I want it to do both. Hopefully they get enough of a split on that so they can go with something current, but that gives a nod to our history. It's not easy but I think @Teale's 'tache design gets the balance right. 

No offence intended, to Mr 'tache, but I'm sure a design company specifically hired for this purpose should be capable of the same.

5 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Just playing around with a couple of shields, based on the '56 crest

spacer.png

Again, more just a crest than something you can build a brand out of really.

Anyway, I should probably get some work done...

Excellent work there. Traditional but clean. I'd go for the left one myself, and perhaps reduce the size of the banner underneath the shield relative to the shield itself. That said, superb stuff.

My preference is a round badge personally, but if it is to be a shield I'd be certainly happy with that one.

2 hours ago, one_ian_taylor said:

OK then:

- Hexagonal

Please, please get chatgpt to knock that up. 🙏 

• Like 1

Â