Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

This is a great badge and a perfect template for us to use. ASTON on top, VILLA on bottom, 18 and 74 on sides, and a shield with a highy detailed lion and the Prepared motto under it.

1200px-Hibernian_FC_logo.svg.png

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, lainux said:

Knew it didn't look right when I typed it, but spell check didn't spot it either!

I actually wanted to bring in the Morden underground station somehow but couldn't find an appropriate gif... so ended up with an even more niche Babylon 5 inspired gif.

Probably why it wasn't autocorrected though as it is a legitimate word. 😅

For clarification, I'm not suggesting we go with a London underground inspired badge, nor a babylon 5 one. 

17 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I actually wanted to bring in the Morden underground station somehow but couldn't find an appropriate gif... so ended up with an even more niche Babylon 5 inspired gif.

Probably why it wasn't autocorrected though as it is a legitimate word. 😅

For clarification, I'm not suggesting we go with a London underground inspired badge, nor a babylon 5 one. 

This is Dall-E's interpretation of a Villa logo in the style of Babylon 5

Screenshot_20231002-200613.png.cbcf56b4a471b71eca031c0f796f5342.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

My own reason for not wanting a gold/yellow lion is it makes a peripheral colour a main colour.  Our main colours are (obviously!) claret and blue.  If you have a gold lion on claret, you’re getting a bit West ‘am.  And the less said about yellow/gold on blue the better.

• Like 1

My ranking of villa badges

1. The one that was there until the late 1960s (claret lion on a blue shield)

2. The round badge we had 1970s- 1992

3. The 90s crest with prepared underneath 

4. The late 90s/early 00s upgrade of the 90s crest to a shield.

5. The post 2016 upgraded Lerner badge

6. The original Lerner badge, 2007-2016

Just Don't give us more yellow than either blue or claret.

52 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

My own reason for not wanting a gold/yellow lion is it makes a peripheral colour a main colour.  Our main colours are (obviously!) claret and blue.  If you have a gold lion on claret, you’re getting a bit West ‘am.  And the less said about yellow/gold on blue the better.

We could flip this and say we are getting a bit " Scunthorpe  " or Burnley the other way round.

I think we actually need to use our colours to differentiate ourselves.

EDIT: Just remembered Burnley have actually removed the Blue from their badge.

In Hecks 76ers " On brand " presentation, he was big on " owning a colour "

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

57 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

This was the one I quickly changed on phone. I just think claret on a claret shirt (maybe not taken into account that often) is too “bland”, dull or boring. The gold/yellow really breaks things up and makes the lion stand out, which should be the focal point:

spacer.png

spacer.png

49 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The off centre space in 'Aston Villa' on the current badge annoys me more then it should. I know why it's like that, the font spacing, but it looks wrong.

The awkwardly balanced 1874 has started annoying me to be fair 

Don't remember which poster it was, but he was pretty passionate about hating that from the get go 😂

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

This is a great badge and a perfect template for us to use. ASTON on top, VILLA on bottom, 18 and 74 on sides, and a shield with a highy detailed lion and the Prepared motto under it.

1200px-Hibernian_FC_logo.svg.png

I thought the same when we played them. It’s such a classy badge and I’d love to see something similar!

• Like 1

Â