F: Newcastle USA: Mon July 24 00:00

ender4

1 minute ago, Captain_Townsend said:

You are defending some clearing in the woods who is suggesting other clubs buy our players - you are the crazy one.

He said our player is playing well which may naturally invite other teams to want to buy said player. That’s the nature of the game we watch. He isn’t providing a slide deck presentation of why Man City should poach him. It’s quick praise of our player from an unbiased commentator. Get over yourself.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

Who knew Tim Howard could cause such animosity in the match thread 

I’m bemused that people can care so much about some colour commentary. It’s a game.

Just now, AV82 said:

He said our player is playing well which may naturally invite other teams to want to buy said player. That’s the nature of the game we watch. He isn’t providing a slide deck presentation of why Man City should poach him. It’s quick praise of our player from an unbiased commentator. Get over yourself.

Has he said anything you've liked then?

Or just that we'd do well to hang onto Watkins and Philogene was playing wing-back (he wasn't).

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In fairness, it seems when people who aren't British,  commentate on matches, they get more grief by default.

These sour grapes don’t like the way the American guy says ‘footboll’.

In all seriousness, nice to see us basically playing our U-21s for thirty minutes. Some excellent players there. Kellyman is unreal for a 17 year old. Plays like a 20/21 year old.

• Like 2

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Has he said anything you've liked then?

Or just that we'd do well to hang onto Watkins and Philogene was playing wing-back (he wasn't).

He’s made comment on our high risk, high reward high line that we play. He’s actually attempting to break the game down instead of boringly droning on saying ‘Archer passes it to Ramsey. Back to Archer. Torres. Howe just had a drink of water.’ Is that so offensive to you?

• Confused 1

Just now, AV82 said:

These sour grapes don’t like the way the American guy says ‘footboll’.

tbf, as an american.  I don't like having to clarfy to people every time I say I'm a football fan.

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

A team of mostly young 'uns doing pretty well against their senior Second XI here. 

We’re beautifully well drilled and it’s such a relief. I’m excited to see us in the cup competitions this year where rotation can so often damage teams.

Â