F: Valencia a: Sat Aug 5 20:00

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

Fair enough.

I'm not paying for one friendly.

Looking forward to the highlights.

Never paid before. Now I did against Lazio ans was very happy with it. Paying again tonight.

• Like 2

Just now, MaVilla said:

ye ur prob right.

Hopefully it suits, but i thought the way Pau was turned for one of the Brentford goals, when he was playing left back, concerned me a little.

Might just be pre-season settling stuff tho, not trying to be......picky.

im sure Emery knows more than me lol.

I think Mings at CB is really important too for his physicality. Especially while Pau gets to grips with English football at least.

• Like 2

Just now, MaVilla said:

ye ur prob right.

Hopefully it suits, but i thought the way Pau was turned for one of the Brentford goals, when he was playing left back, concerned me a little.

Might just be pre-season settling stuff tho, not trying to be......picky.

im sure Emery knows more than me lol.

He was slow as he turned on inside against Lazio too, Kamara bailed him out. Something he’ll need to work on or it’ll get picked up by analysts in PL for sure. 

39 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

After what we did to Lazio, I'm not overly worried 

I think Lazio barely turned up for some reason. Maybe they underestimated us given that they are the Champions League club and we are Conference. I think Valencia may actually be a tougher test.

Just now, villaglint said:

He was slow as he turned on inside against Lazio too, Kamara bailed him out. Something he’ll need to work on or it’ll get picked up by analysts in PL for sure. 

i must have missed that one, but ye, if it has happened twice it will be a weak spot, as you say, hopefully its just a getting used to it thing.

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

I think Lazio barely turned up for some reason. Maybe they underestimated us given that they are the Champions League club and we are Conference. I think Valencia may actually be a tougher test.

Possibly they will yes, but I'm not worried like I used to be. These days I can almost relax pre game

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Little bit surprised Bailey and McGinn start, thought they'd both be vying for that RM position.

McGinn is one of, if not THE first name on the team sheet these days, based on recent form.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

McGinn is one of, if not THE first name on the team sheet these days, based on recent form.

Yeah of course. I was more surprised Bailey was in the team 😅 but I guess with the full back roles flipped he can play on the left instead 

Edited by villan95
  • Haha 1

Dogne on bench so those saudi rumours probably bollocks

Looks a solid starting line up. Torres at left back is interesting. I think youri on bench is interesting 

We really have competition in that area. And we still got JJ to come back

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think that's completely opposite to true. As good as mcginn has been recently. Martinez and Watkins are obviously first names on the team sheet. Luiz and Kamara too, though the competition with Tielemans is so much stiffer. Diaby has to be considered nailed and obviously ramsey is first choice LM.

Our defence is in question due to our quality and depth in choices there. But RM is closer to up for grabs. Unai obviously favours Bailey. He's been his first choice whenever he's been fit. And considering ramsey is our 3rd biggest goal threat and Diaby is a brand new signing it means Bailey and McGinn are absolutely competing for the same place in the side. 

5 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I think that's completely opposite to true. As good as mcginn has been recently. Martinez and Watkins are obviously first names on the team sheet. Luiz and Kamara too, though the competition with Tielemans is so much stiffer. Diaby has to be considered nailed and obviously ramsey is first choice LM.

Our defence is in question due to our quality and depth in choices there. But RM is closer to up for grabs. Unai obviously favours Bailey. He's been his first choice whenever he's been fit. And considering ramsey is our 3rd biggest goal threat and Diaby is a brand new signing it means Bailey and McGinn are absolutely competing for the same place in the side. 

In fairness, it's a positive argument to be able to have.

When so many of our players can be termed " first name on the team sheet " and it not being because everyone else is terrible. Finally

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Other than Tielemans omission, probably our strongest XI and I expect to see the same line up against the Barcodes next week.

I’m guessing Carlos is injured and Durán not quite ready yet

Think you’re right. Barring an injury this is the Newcastle line up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â