F: Valencia a: Sat Aug 5 20:00

12 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

It actually worked okay. Audio was a bit **** early on, but serviceable. Figured it was worth it to see the progress.

Fair enough.

I'm not paying for one friendly.

Looking forward to the highlights.

On 19/06/2023 at 07:05, wishywashy said:

Villa and Valencia will do battle for the Orange Trophy, Trofeo Naranja, a prestigious annual pre-season competition hosted by the Spanish club since 1959.

This is a huge honour as the club sees it, as far as I can tell, and any idea that Valencia will treat this match as "just a friendly" would be mistaken. Valencia usually wins. What a great experience and gift for our players! I'm glad for them. Nice little warm-up for the Conference experiences to come.  Will be watching on Villa TV, sipping a glass of orange juice no doubt made with Valencia cultivar oranges. 😁

The Orange Trophy (Valencian: Trofeu Taronja, Spanish: Trofeo Naranja) is an annual friendly football tournament hosted by Valencia CF and first played in 1959.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

4 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

This is a huge honour as the club sees it, as far as I can tell, and any idea that Valencia will treat this match as "just a friendly" would be mistaken. Valencia usually wins. What a great experience and gift for our players! I'm glad for them. Nice little warm-up for the Conference experiences to come.  Will be watching on Villa TV.

2nd ever English club to take part, the first being Blackpool in 1962. Hopefully we play a little better than they did: given how they got trounced 6-1...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, wishywashy said:

2nd ever English club to take part, the first being Blackpool in 1962. Hopefully we play a little better than they did: given how they got trounced 6-1...

That's amazing --- and it's so funny because I was thinking about Blackpool as I've reading your post about the cup history and thinking it would pure silliness if the Tangerines played in the Orange Cup. It just feels like getting Emery and doing so well is opening up new doors for us as a club, ya know? I love this. 

• Like 2

Other than Tielemans omission, probably our strongest XI and I expect to see the same line up against the Barcodes next week.

I’m guessing Carlos is injured and Durán not quite ready yet

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 3

looks like Pau at left back again, interesting.

honestly, if we were going that route, i would have thought Mings would be better suited to that defensive left back/left of the defensive trio role, as he has actually played left back in his career.

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

looks like Pau at left back again, interesting.

honestly, if we were going that route, i would have thought Mings would be better suited to that defensive left back/left of the defensive trio role, as he has actually played left back in his career.

I think it's because Pau is better on the ball and the full back will be expected to pass between the lines more.

Also Mings at CB is crucial for his presence.

Edited by villan95
  • Like 1

Just now, villan95 said:

I think it's because Pau is better on the ball and the full back will be expected to pass between the lines more

ye ur prob right.

Hopefully it suits, but i thought the way Pau was turned for one of the Brentford goals, when he was playing left back, concerned me a little.

Might just be pre-season settling stuff tho, not trying to be......picky.

im sure Emery knows more than me lol.

• Like 2

Â